• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any
    Her eyes glance from the champagne stallion to the buckskin mare, a small smile forming on the edges of her crimson mouth. There is a familiarity in their words, in the way that Lethy teases him and it makes the smile broaden. The chestnut mare manages to hide quiet chuckle though part of her longs to release her laughter into the autumn air at Lethy's words. The two banter and the chestnut glances between them, not wanting to disturb their conversation. It's easy for her to fall into silence and to consider them both - Lethy who is kind and giving with her words and there is something in Aten that reminds her of her own champagne father.

When he turns his attention to her, she gives the stallion a polite nod. "Well, thank you for the greeting, Aten. It's a pleasure to meet you," she answers and then looks to Lethy. "Both of you." And then Lilli can no longer hide the mirth that resides within her. She grins, "You make quite the welcoming pair."

Her attention comes to rest on Owin then, her features softening as he bounds around them. The colt is a picture of youthful energy and Lilli can't help but compare him to her own nieces and nephews. Hearing the repetition of her words being shared warms a dark place within her, the place where jagged edges and broken things dwell. But hearing his proclamations, it is as close as she can get to summoning Orani and Jacob and to share them with others is a gift. In this moment, it brightens everything until- 

She doesn't startle at the bird but his arrival his unexpected. She lifts her head to better study the stallion and the bird, realizing that they are tied together. The bird lifts off Aten's back and then engages Owin in a game, still leaving Lilli slightly stunned. The mare continues to watch and almost forgets Lethy's question. She blinks and then apologetically looks to the other mare, "I think so. I have a cousin in Hyaline and so we've started making it a habit of visiting. I'd like to be in one place long enough so she knows where to find me." She smiles at this and marvels at how easy it is to say those words now. 

So many homes in so few years. So much change and upheaval and she sums it up in one careless sentence.

"Have you both been here long?" she asks, wondering what their own personal relationship is with Taiga and its woods.

@[Izora Lethia] @[Aten]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any - by lilliana - 08-23-2019, 10:41 PM