• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the way to a man's heart is through his chest cavity with a chainsaw | warship, any

the way to a man's heart is through the chest cavity with a chainsaw

It is with ease that she finds the Chamber and of course it had to be her idea despite Warship's efforts. Although he was unsure of her 'worth' she knew her own and thus, she'd come on her own. Kimber could be labeled a special type of feminist but she's not into living in the Amazons. That's to much estrogen to NOT become a murderer. The youthful black-blue mare was self-made and although she had no real accomplishments yet she had learned a lot already. How to protect herself, find shelter, food, manage to be somewhat socially acceptable. For a filly turned 'woman' with the recent change in her body, she is doing well - hoping to avoid the last few days of this new season.

She felt like fresh meat at the women's max facility.

Many men had come near and curled their lips of her scent but her foul mouth kept most at bay, men want a bitch but they don't want it to be too much of a hassle. She was a quick learner much like her mother that she does not know but troubled a lot like both of her parents; it's a risk when you adopt folks. Sometimes you get a sweet asian baby...sometimes you get a foster kid who may murder you in the night. "Warship, anyone!" she has no real understanding of how kingdoms work but she doesn't particularly care. She is young but her eyes don't light up for much, the world is a shit-hole and it's not her place to make it better - it's her place to stay alive and feed the part of her that is starving.

Warship gave her a small hope that there would be food here, food for that craving.

K I M B E R
    sui domina et libera

hi guys! Big Grin

i'm on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell

Perhaps this was the beginnings of him righting his wrongs. Not that he was wrong, exactly, but certainly his promise had been ill-thought out. But now he was returning home with a fresh face and attitude in spades. Straia would probably love her. She would be a good fit, in time, though right now she had a lot to learn. No matter, he was able to teach her if she was able to learn. Hopefully she’d keep a tight hold on that silver tongue of hers, because he made no promises that now he wouldn’t snap back.

She came quicker than he had expected. He expected, per usual for a woman, that she’d dawdle here and there, sniffing flowers and other such bullshit along the way. But she had arrived promptly, if not quietly. The black warrior had barely made it home himself when he heard her call, and a small grin pulled the corners of his mouth. With a reckless toss of his head he made his way to her, picking up a trot for no other reason than the hell of it. Since his own return, he’d felt rejuvenated, no doubt a product of the recent upswing in activity in the Chamber. “Well well, look at who’s made it.” he purred, dangerously handsome in the most reckless of ways. “You found the place alright, I assume? I had small doubts, given your statement about women being constantly thirsty and whatnot.” he teased, grinning in her direction. “All jokes aside, we’re glad to have you. Now the matter of choosing your caste. War or peace. I prefer ass kicking to tongue lashing, but that’s just me.”

warship

The ravens don’t entirely know what to make of this one. They had been mildly confused by Erebor and Shaytan when the two returned like washed up old toys. Though both of those horses they knew well enough to place. But this one is blue and black and very loud. You’d think, living in Beqanna and with a horse as their master, the ravens would be used to strange creatures. But then again, they are used to it. They just don’t have words, exactly, for the strange horses.

For instance, they call her a raven. She isn’t a horse to them. Erebor is the hot thing. Kavi is the color changing one. The new mare is the loud blue thing. In truth, she didn’t need the ravens to tell her about the newcomer. She couldn’t help but hear that bellowing. Though she was mildly pleased to find that Warship was actually doing things again. Maybe he’d earn his title back in the near future. She had told him it was his if he proved himself worthy.

She weaves through the pine trees until she finds the girl, somewhat far into the kingdom already for a newcomer. But likely Warship invited the girl, and Straia would rather have her stay than make a fuss over boundaries. It’s not like the Chamber couldn’t protect itself from a treat, should the girl prove to be one. She’s wearing her customary crown of raven feathers, and she looks the blue/black creature over. She was rather stunning really. Though definitely loud.

Warships is already there, and she catches the tail end of his conversation with her. Already bringing up castes and blah blah blah. She was a terrible Queen. She couldn’t care less about that conversation except to the extent she had to tell the newcomers they could pick one. Or both. Or none. Straia stops by Warship, falling into their usual comfort side by side. No because he was her baby daddy, but because she’s so damn used to him. He’s been around longer than her.

“I’m anyone. She grins slightly, flicking her tail as she settles in. “You don’t have to join a caste, or you can pick both. Pay him no mind.” She flashes the old man a grin, and then turns back to Kimber.

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

image © Squirt

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

the way to a man's heart is through the chest cavity with a chainsaw

She is still very wet behind the ears when it comes to familiarizing behaviors, she has not spent much time around others so that is no surprise. Kimber, although unbeknownst to her, was immortal and actually died shortly after being born. Her birth mother left her for dead so to say she has a slight chip on her shoulder is an understatement. Kimber was loosely raised by the child Queen of the valley. It is no surprise she doesn't pick up on the relationship between Warship and the 'anyone' figure.

"Well, anyone, I appreciate you clearing that up for me, she says in a slight sarcastic tone. Kimber if she were a creature from another background would likely recognize the Queen and not dare speak in such a way. "I'm not good at welcoming people, I think the army is best for me. I'm Kimber, in the event you missed that snippet of pertinent information," she laughs, throwing her head side to side in a child-like way, so much to learn. "What's next? I'm not a fan of waiting," she says towards Warship as she reaches her head out to nip at him, ears pinned to her black head - all play of course but she was rather demanding. Her blue eyes light up with what some would call excitement but for Kimber it was a sense of purpose and opportunity. She was no killer, not yet but despite her playful and outspoken facade she was a very angry girl. She would soon be an angry woman with need for release.

Kimber will learn tact but her spirit will likely never be contained.

K I M B E R
    sui domina et libera

i'm on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell

From birth Warship had been preened to be an asset to the Chamber. His whole upbringing had consisted of nothing more. Army training, recruiting, battling, stealing…there had been no trips to the playground for him. His parents hadn’t loved one another but had a coming together of sorts for the good of their kingdom. A professor and lady, a general and a lord…his birth had only made sense, politically. His own son had been raised the exact same way. A cog for the machine, if you will, though that sounds horribly crude. Such was their way of life. Chamber Chamber Chamber, always the Chamber, better the Chamber. It was drilled into his mind, carved onto the inside of his skull, and mirrored in his heart.

Whereas his own son had been a carefully manicured machine cog, before him stood a weed. She’d been allowed to grown unrestrained for the entirety of her life, now resembling not much more than a bratty piece of lumpy clay. There were no fine edges, to finesse. Just brash and harsh and Warship wanted nothing more than to bring her to heel. After all, he had brought her home, so he assumed it was his role to polish up the rock to find the diamond. What had come over him when he approached her, he’ll forever have no idea. For some reason he is drawn to aggravating women. So far it seemed as if has found a gem in Kimber.

Unsurprisingly her shouting drew out the queen. She looked regal as always in her crown of ebony feathers, though she had a smart ass grinned aimed at Warship. “She forgot to add that not only is she anyone, she’s also Queen.” he said, eyeing Kimber impassively. Though he wasn’t always the best at it himself, there was a certain amount of order taking that needed to be done in order for a kingdom to survive. It was best she learned that early on. “Army it is.” he said, bobbing his head. All was well for a minute, and then he hears her next statement. It is accompanied by pinned ears and bared teeth, and though he knows it is all in play he responds in kind, his teeth aiming for her jaw. He isn’t particularly worried if he connects or not, so long as the message gets across. “Since you’re in the army, its high time you learn I outrank you.” he growled, glaring at her like a father would an unruly child. Despite his piss-off attitude, he really was trying to bring out something more…cultured, in the girl. “What’s next is recruiting, challenging, stealing. I also have some army activities planned, some training exercises and the like. Also anything she asks of you.” he said, swinging his hip into Straia’s lightly. “You definitely have the right attitude, so long as you can survive.” he said with a chuckle, his humor dark as always. She would learn or die trying.

warship

Relationship? Between her and Warship? Laughable. Certainly there was one. It’s a strange thing, born of a shared love of the Chamber and their servitude. But it wasn’t a romantic one. She didn’t care what Warship did in his spare time (not that she thought he should have very much spare time…different matter). She knows he’d had a thing with Smolder. Once upon a time, when the girl was still around. She knew there’d likely be plenty of other ladies in his life. These thing were irrelevant. She had needed an heir, and he serves the Chamber as much as she does. The two of them created Erebor, who was, as far as most horses seemed to think, pretty damn perfect.

Warship served his purpose well.

But other than that, their relationship is one simply forged from so much time spent together under the figurative roof. One in which she has always given him a hard time, and will always give him a hard time. Even when she was a princess and he still an old man. Immortal or not, he will always be an old man. He could do every pretty thing that passed through these walls, and she wouldn’t care. If the child stayed in the Chamber, she’d even be pleased. All for the Chamber.

That said, Straia is already not all that amused with this girl. She is brash and annoying and Straia, despite her love of being blunt, also enjoys some ability to have actual conversations. Fun, witty, banter filled ones. She lets her mind drift briefly – oh, so briefly – to Weed. Plant. You can do better than that. He always tells her. And because he always insists she can, she refuses. Whatever her and Warship were to one another, he was not Weed. Kimber could nip at Warship all she wanted.

At least Straia could tell Warship exactly what had come over him. He may not know, but she does. She’s just his type.

Ha.

Warship introduces her for who she truly is. “Yes yes, I am that too.” she says. “Straia,” she adds, for an actual name. The crown of feathers possibly should have given that Queen thing away away, but this girl hadn’t learned much in the way of observing yet. A key skill to any kingdom horse, whether army or diplomat. Anything worth learning came from watching, because no one answered actual question. Or, it came from her ravens. They were handy little creatures.

“Learn to pay attention. You’ll need that skill here.” The crown of feathers moves in a non-existent breeze just slightly, calling attention to itself. Look, it seems to say. You don’t need anyone else to tell you jack shit. This, of course, is Straia’s policy on everything. She doesn’t need anyone else. Not for her own personal gain, anyway. Only for the Chamber.

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

image © Squirt