• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the blood that was spilled protects me
    litotes

Litotes cannot say he thought that his dive over the cliff would be interrupted. The legs beneath him are moving so quickly that any that might dive before him will simply go stumbling to their own deaths. Any guilt he might feel is quickly swallowed by the reminder that he will be dead just as they will, and emotion does not follow one into neverending nothingness.

The harsher the rain falls, the further from the world the King becomes. He blinks away the blur of the liquid and rushes closer and closer to the cliff’s edge. Nothing can stop him - nothing - not even the -

A blonde blur launches in front of him, colliding with his side and his chest and forcing all of the air out of his lungs. He turns his head in surprise to find her damp side and the startled face of another woman some distance away. His eyes can only blink before the two of them are stumbling into a pit that seemingly has an end much closer than the cliff’s. An instinct to preserve the health of the woman that tried to stop him takes hold and almost without thought Litotes forms a shadow cushion at the bottom of their trap. They are tangle of legs and flesh and it is a wonder the cremello does not end up with several broken legs. Call it luck or the magic of Heartfire’s illusions, but Lie finds he is only sore and bruised.

The Khaleesi’s face is peering down at him and the mare that tried to save him when he looks up with bleary eyes. There should be a ruefulness in his face, but there is only a certain kind of maddened amusement. “It probably wasn’t,” he quips back, before slipping into his lion form and latching onto the edge of the pit with his long claws. It takes him a moment to find solid ground after such an exhausting venture, but he does eventually find himself peering down at Elaina (belly to the ground, paws halfway over, tail flicking back and forth). “You should probably reverse that trick of yours. I don’t think she has a way of getting up,” he purrs, only turning to look up at her when he is halfway through his sentence.

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[Heartfire] @[Elaina] @[neverwhere]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the blood that was spilled protects me - by litotes - 08-23-2019, 12:06 AM