• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the blood that was spilled protects me

I can remember a time when I was so afraid
    when even my shadow wouldn't follow me

The golden girl with gossamer locks has always been told her compassion is her greatest weakness. It is what will get her in trouble. That heart of hers unable to not reach out to those who need her, she lives to serve them. She would lay down her life for those she loves and even, in this case, those she has never met. Elaina cannot help herself. And one day, it is going to get her killed. Maybe, that day is today. Or, perhaps not. Though the equine careening into her own would likely make the palomino girl with the heart adorned upon her brown believe otherwise.

She didn't know why she thought this would work. That was the problem though, truly, she had not been thinking at all when she suddenly threw her body into this unknown stallion to stop him from running himself off a cliffside. Elaina knew only she had to stop him, and hardly knew how to do it. And suddenly there is the weight of the impact upon her body and all the air she has remaining in her lungs is pushed out followed by a desperate gasp for breath. She feels those springy ribs bend and bruise, but luckily, not break due to the force of the impact. Her slight frame has hardly slowed the cremello stallion down.

It is a blink of an eye those thoughts. She is going to die, and it is only when she thinks this that time slows down, every second stretches into years that she has lived. Her parents’ faces, those contrasting colors that some how complimented both of them, making them equal, ying and yang. Lilli, her best friend on this entire planet, Kensa, and everything she has not been able to do in Hyaline.

And she thinks, too, maybe this is always how she has been meant to die, tumbling over the edge of her impossible desire to save those who cannot be saved, to love those who cannot be loved.

Elaina, in this moment, is perhaps, having an epiphany.
    And she very nearly reaches it.

Until suddenly her body is colliding with the ground and it takes only a breath of a second to realize that she is very much alive.

Once more, if she has any left, air is taken from the lungs with the impact. A tangle of limbs, sharp knee points, hard hooves. They are upon the ground. Solid ground. Elaina coughs dirt from her lungs and shakes her head, already imagining the amount of soreness she will feel tomorrow upon waking. Those amber eyes blink the dust from them as she takes into account what has just occurred. She was alive and so was the cremello stallion she had attempted to save, even if, they hadn't actually needed saving in the first place.

Those lips that had been in a frown towards death suddenly lift upwards, apparently just he joy of being alive was enough to dissipate any feelings of anger towards being tricked. “Isnt it every girl’s dream to get tackled by a cute boy?” She asks in the roan mare’s direction. “And today, I got to live it,” she says in jesting, the quirk of her lips gives away her humor. This is when her gaze turns towards the cremello stallion who has suddenly, morphed into a lion. If Elaina had not already been living in Beqanna, even a short while, she might have been confused, but instead, she takes it in stride. She stares up at Heartfire with that same crooked grin, a similar one to what her father used to wear. “I would appreciate it, unless you intend to make me your prisoner….Heartfire.”

elaina*
    benjamin and beylani's sunflower-girl

@[litotes] @[neverwhere] @[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the blood that was spilled protects me - by Elaina - 08-27-2019, 09:19 PM