• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  could i use you as a warning sign | carwyn, any

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    The tobiano kelpie is not an easy creature to visit; there is a reason those who have seen him the most are those who dwell beneath the sea with him. Such visits have been less common of late, his consorts left for warmer water and Ivar uninterested in pursuing them. That is what has spurred his more frequent visits to land of late. Well, that and the taste of autumn in the air, the time when he is safest, the time when he does his part to ensure that the waters of Ischia are thick with the children of his line.

Part of him realizes he’s fortunate that the leader of the larger island is a mare. The idea of territorial disputes doesn’t appeal to him. So he keeps his bloody business to the far side of the island and smiles prettily each time Adria or her minions swim by. The Dame of the Nereids might suspect what he is, Ivar thinks, but he has made it all but impossible to prove.

Carwyn is likely as oblivious to his nature. His golden eyes narrow at her smile and the announcement of their sons’ names. His face, while impossible handsome, is also entirely unreadable. Ivar shakes his dripping mane across to his other shoulder, and glances up and down the empty beach with a scowl and no answer for the roan pegasus in front of him.

“Have you been the main island?” he asks instead. “To meet the leader, their Dame?” The distaste in his voice is obvious; he makes little effort to hide his true emotions. The red mare had been condescending at their last meeting, and while Ivar cares little for what others think, he knows that he swims a fine line here in Ischia, especially with Brennen not far.

and i'll use you as a warning sign
    that if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

@[Carwyn]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign | carwyn, any - by Ivar - 08-26-2019, 07:33 AM