• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  blood sweat and heartbeats; any
    I just want to let you know: my mind refuses to let you go
    I want to hypnotize you so you will remember me
    The world is not what it’s supposed to be. Was it ever? Probably not. At any rate, it’s not like he could turn back time and not fall head over heels for her. What’s done is done. He’ll live the rest of his life alone. Not entirely loveless, (or perhaps it’ll be just that), just not together-together, with a lover.

Nobody said he couldn’t enjoy the fake warmth of a random stranger in the night. In fact, if they did, would he care? No, he wouldn’t. So what’s stopping him? From anything he wants? Family always stopped him - his mother, his siblings, their offspring, his offspring. No more. That’s right, you heard that. There’s no stopping him.

Had the blue mare not been willing to fall for his charms so easily, it probably wouldn’t have stopped him either. Lucky her, she seemed to quite enjoy their time together. But perhaps it’s time to go find her again. He’s never left his family alone after all.

When he waltzes down the mountain from his lair, he finds someone else in his way, instead. Kensa. He remembers respect for the woman, an easy conversation in the time before, a motherly approach to a wayward child, also before. Perhaps she won’t like him anymore, but that’s not his problem. He’s only here to fend off intruders after all. If his stormy face and ice-cold gaze do the trick, then so be it… or perhaps, no. It’d be better maybe to be able to lure people in. Look innocent and all. Get a sense of them before showing his teeth.

He takes a deep breath where the sabino mare can’t hear. Then, he cleans his facial expression, fully intent on walking past her with just a simple everyday greeting. But when she hears his footfall, she doesn’t seem to be in the mood for everyday conversation. She is as bad as he, today.

Interesting. Falling still, behind her for she hasn’t turned her head around, there is a moment in which he can appreciate her beauty without her knowing (sure, he’d teased and complimented her on it before, but acknowledgement and appreciation aren’t the same). But it’s only fleeting seconds. She wants him to say anything at all, she says, and if he doesn’t come up with an answer, she will start to worry or suspect.

It’s there on the tip of his tongue. My wife left me. She let me believe she’d come home, but I saw her with another without so much of a word to me at all. What’s new in Kensa-land? He almost says it - but he hates wallowing, and swallows it. Instead, he edges a little closer. ”What sort of distractions are we looking for today?” he asks while lining up parallel to her. His cold scales and hot breath mere inches away from her skin, he wonders if she’ll recognize the change and step away. The edge of danger she may or may not be in, something he hasn’t yet decided if he will cross the line or stay put. Is she the type to play, crosses his mind, or the type to run? Perhaps appoint to him another victim? Surely a loosely-tied dragon can be useful at times.

When your fears are cast aside, will you remember me?
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Kensa]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Kensa - 08-28-2019, 09:11 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Leilan - 08-30-2019, 02:57 AM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Kensa - 09-08-2019, 09:26 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Leilan - 09-09-2019, 12:38 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Kensa - 09-26-2019, 10:00 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Leilan - 10-26-2019, 04:21 AM