• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  blood sweat and heartbeats; any
    I just want to let you know: my mind refuses to let you go
    I want to hypnotize you so you will remember me
    The beautiful sabino mare has been captivating for as long as he remembers (which admittedly is only a year or so); he doesn’t know nor care about her reputation, and frankly wouldn’t have cared about his own. To regret one has to have a conscience, and listen to it as well; something the glazed-over male currently isn’t capable of. If he’d known her thoughts he might have found her endearing, sweet in how much she tries to behave like what has become normal to her, cute how much she would still try to keep him from being miserable.

The point however is that he already is miserable, and the only thing to avoid feeling miserable is to not feel anything at all.

She understands the concept of faking; she tries and fails, but perhaps it’s not a coupling he was truly after. No, he’s quite certain that the satisfaction he seeks is not sexual - today. Still he appreciates her trying to meet his apparent question, and does not think her lesser for it when she pulls back - in fact perhaps her decision makes her stronger.

She jokes her way around it as he would have done not too long ago. He recognizes this and like a good subject, doesn’t comment, imply or even change his expression. He humours her with a shrug. ”Literally anything - hoarding treasure, tricking young ambitious travellers perhaps; kidnapping pretty maidens, maybe eat one instead of returning them for gold.”

Sharp, pointy teeth show when he grins to the mare. ”You wouldn’t be interested in a bit of real manhunting for a change, would you?” he asks her then.

An unwary horse is a much better price than a mouse, after all.

When your fears are cast aside, will you remember me?
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Kensa] sorry for replying so fast, I did all his posts in one roll Smile
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Kensa - 08-28-2019, 09:11 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Leilan - 08-30-2019, 02:57 AM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Kensa - 09-08-2019, 09:26 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Leilan - 09-09-2019, 12:38 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Kensa - 09-26-2019, 10:00 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Leilan - 10-26-2019, 04:21 AM