• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Herd Meeting - In Character Updates [[ISCHIA]]
    Star 

-Adria-

All her life Adria had known this island as home, never once dreaming it could be something more. Ischia still feels like home when she walks through the dew-soaked jungle, or swims in a freshwater pool. She knows the scattered fish and their jeweled scales, each and every one. Knows the coral and the current as well.

She knows when the Island is alive again and not just because the chatter of parrots has died down: Ischia’s waters are becoming home to all kinds of new aquatic life. More Kelpies and their like, Nereids, Serpents, Shifters and even a few Pegasi.

“Welcome home,” She translated her favorite saying to the ones who’d gathered, smiling pristinely from a higher level of the many-tiered waterfall right in the heart of Ischia’s map. Central, liquid, a great area to mingle and get to know one another if they hadn’t already. “A place of security and freedom for mares,” Their Dame assured them, looking over the edge of her dais with both forehooves teetering perilously out past the rim. “a place of tranquility and privacy for Beachmasters,” she mentioned each of the three respective stallions: Ivar, Brennen, and one Tywll.

“and a luxury for the few males lucky enough to stay.” She teased the remainders, harboring a good-natured smile since one of those lucky males was her own son, Luath.

On with business.

“Carwyn, Eva and Aquaria have all been gracious enough to spread the word about our little community with the larger world of Beqanna.” Adria recognized the ones due for credit. “When they return I plan on appointing a second-in-command officially.”

It was easy enough to go on from there. Ischia needed a bit of groundwork if she was ever going to continue to thrive; Adria never wanted to restrict the freedom she longed to represent while leading as Dame, but guidelines were a necessary evil.

-Ischia’s borders would be open to crossing from the mainland: by sea, air, or land during low tide. The smaller islands claimed by Beachmasters should be considered “off limits” to any horse not explicitly allowed there.

-Female residents are free to choose the path of diplomacy or warfare, whatever suits them. For now, male residents may only defend Ischia if needed or practice battling. Beachmasters are welcome to meet with Adria to discuss ‘diplomatic’ concerns or respond diplomatically during Herd meetings. These dynamics may change pending future alliances/enemies.

...And now those requests were finished, Adria breathed a happy little sigh to signal an ending.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

As promised, here’s the In-Character thread for your plots/storylines!

Feel free to either respond in character, OOC, or not at all! The purpose of this post is just so your character can say they went to the meeting. Everything I posted in the update thread days ago can be included as knowledge your character learns, along with the tiny info I’ve given about Ischia’s borders and how our non-existent ranks work right now Smile Yay for backstory!

Obviously I was unable to update our climate/area map thread in time. Boo on me, sorry everyone.
    BUT
    I did update our ranks board? (Tiny hand claps) I’m still going to tweak fonts for a better-looking mobile version, otherwise it’s done.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, hit me up in our SUPER SECRET Ischia Discord, my Discord DM’s, or PM me over Beqanna. I’ll be checking the site regularly even though I’m technically on away.

Also wanted to say that playing with you all is what makes Ischia so awesome, so thank you to each and every creative person who plays a pony here or anywhere on Beqanna really. You’re ranked 5 starfish out 5 for being the best. That’s it!

-Adria, aka Calcifer <3