• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when the truth hunts you down; Aten
    So it seems that Lepis had spoken to Heartfire, and in detail about her plans for Nerine's throne. Aten restrained his anger, knowing it would not help the situation right now. He had to listen to what other information Heartfire had; it would obviously be important.

And of course Heartfire wouldn't be pleased by Lepis' 'threat'; no leader would.

But then Heartfire grew serious, moreso than when she had first arrived to speak with Aten. The golden stallion felt a chill run through his blood; Heartfire only ever grew to look like this when the matter she spoke of could mean either a very life-threatening situation, or consequences.

And, sure enough, it was something that Aten began to suspect ever since he spoke with Lepis. Just the way she'd told him her plan, he suspected it wouldn't stop there. Heartfire confirmed it, her sharp, icy words cutting through Aten's exterior facade.

"Her goal is Beqanna."

Aten didn't often show emotion, feeling that maintaining a strong facade would do well in hiding what one's opponent might try to use against them. He'd encountered stallions before who had tried to pry information out of Aten on if he had a mare or a herd in the area. At the time, the golden stallion had not, but he maintained the emotionless facade so that the enemy stallion wouldn't be able to figure out the truth. He'd gotten some battle scars in the process, but it did well to train him for the future.

Especially since he now had a mate and the foal stirring in her belly to protect. And he would do anything for them; he loved Lethia, of this he was now certain, and grew to love the foal before it even reached it's third moon, shortly after Lethia informed him that she was carrying their foal.

Aten fixed Heartfire with a steely gaze of his own, not emotionless this time, but fearless, ready to take on any task it would take, "Of course I understand, and any who would think I would let that happen are foolish."

Heartfire stopped right after he said that, and turned to him, informing Aten she would ensure Taiga was placed back in his care if he pledged his aid to her. If Aten had any slim fraction of doubt, it was only directed at what exactly Heartfire might have him do if he agreed to his end of the bargain.

But at the same time, he doubted it would be anything malicious.

"I only want to keep Taiga and her residents safe. Whether or not that ever meant the leadership would come back to me, it didn't matter. I will give you my aide when you need it Heartfire; you have stood by the alliance of the two kingdoms. I can only show my respect by doing the same and helping how I can."

@[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when the truth hunts you down; Aten - by Aten - 08-29-2019, 11:13 PM
    RE: when the truth hunts you down; Aten - by Aten - 09-05-2019, 09:16 PM
    RE: when the truth hunts you down; Aten - by Aten - 09-17-2019, 03:19 PM
    RE: when the truth hunts you down; Aten - by Aten - 09-23-2019, 08:06 PM