• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Rejected even by death
    The mare awoke with such a start that Aten nearly missed being hit by her skull when she jerked her head up, her eyes wide to the point where the golden stallion could hardly see anything but white. He took a step back to allow her the space she needed to get her bearings, watching as she turned her head one way to assess her environment before she turned back to look at him.

Her lips quivered as she opened her mouth and tried to say something, Aten's ears going forward so he could pick up her voice. It was rather quiet at first, as if she couldn't even get the words out had she thought of some, and then things changed when her posture did. When she woke, she'd been tense, her muscles locking under her soaking wet skin, but now, her head was lowered in defeat, her body exhausted and laying against the ground as if she no longer had the willpower to even stand in the face of her demon.

What she said startled Aten; executioner? Did he really look that scary? He'd seen foals give his scars odd stares before they'd gotten accustomed to the sight of the golden stallion walking through the field, but he didn't think they made him look scary. Just battle-hardened, war ready, tough, even if he projected a persona that made others think he'd weathered every storm without a scratch.

Aten felt for the mare who obviously thought she was on death row; he reached out to his friend, and got a reply saying Turul hadn't found the plant yet. Needing to wait a bit longer, Aten decided he would do what he could for now to, mentally, help this mare.

He took another step back so she could see him in full view, and lowered his head so he was at her eye level. However, he did not look directly at her; namely, he was eyeing the ground that was right below her shoulder and breastbone.

"I am not here to do the job your... executioner," he hated that word, "would have, nor am I here to let him do so either. If you will allow me, I wish to help you."

He waited a moment to see what she would say before speaking again, "Do you have the strength to stand? You are still soaked through and the night is getting colder by the minute; I know of a suitable shelter where you may rest nearby."

@[Urd] no problem

Messages In This Thread
    Rejected even by death - by Softeyes - 08-31-2019, 03:52 PM
    RE: Rejected even by death - by Aten - 08-31-2019, 06:19 PM
    RE: Rejected even by death - by Softeyes - 08-31-2019, 08:40 PM
    RE: Rejected even by death - by Aten - 09-01-2019, 06:50 PM
    RE: Rejected even by death - by Softeyes - 09-06-2019, 08:28 PM
    RE: Rejected even by death - by Aten - 09-09-2019, 02:03 PM