• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  We'd Like the Chance to Chat [Ruinam]
    The same day that Lepis had sought out Aten and had informed him of her plan to send himself and Lethia on a diplomatic mission to one of the western kingdoms, the stallion acquired all the information he would need to share with Lethia and Ruinam when they got there. He shared what Lepis said with Lethia so that she would also be prepared to speak to the Island King, since this would be not only a nice little getaway for the two of them, but also a chance for her to practice diplomacy.

Aten gave Lethia a sun to rest before they sought out Lepis and took her up on her offer to watch over Owin and Popinjay. After dropping the foals off with the Queen, Aten guided Lethia down through Taiga and along the northwestern reaches of Tephra's territory. Their journey to the beach lasted for three suns, including the time they took to stop, graze, and rest. They needed to conserve some strength, for the last part of the journey to the resort would be a difficult one.

Especially for Aten.

The golden stallion could remember a time past when an island inhabited by mostly stallions lay off the coast of Beqanna, an island that could be reached during a certain time of the day when the moon guided the ocean's tide away and revealed the land bridge that lay underneath. If one did not wait, he or she would have to risk the swim, and Aten still was unsure about that even though he'd made enough progress to where he could walk forward on his hind hooves enough that his chest was completely submerged in the water.

Stepping stones... one day at a time.

Upon reaching the beach, Aten allowed himself and Lethia more time to rest, since they arrived when it was later in the day. It would do them no good to swim in the dark, so they rested while the moon rose to comfort horses to slip into their dreams. Aten, however, was a restless spirit, looking out to the ocean every so often and trying to steel himself for the journey ahead.

When morning came, after taking a short while to graze and drink fresh water so they had what their bodies craved, Aten guided Lethia down to the shore. He inhaled a large breath and stepped into the ocean to test the sand underneath his hooves to make sure it wasn't slipping; he'd encountered an incident like that before not far from the shore, an unexpected move like that could send a horse into a panic because they weren't ready to leave the ground that fast. It felt solid enough beneath his hooves, so Aten informed Lethia that it was safe.

The further they delved out into open water, Aten stuck close to the buckskin mare, at one point closing his eyes to reassure himself. He could do this... he had to... he had a mission to complete, and a loved one to protect...

If not for himself... for her... for the potential little flame that had begun to burn in her belly...

When Aten felt the sand beneath his hooves slip away as the water carried the horses up so they were floating and then swimming, it took every ounce of his control to not panic. He could do this... he would face those creatures again if he had to...

He would not let them hurt Lethia...

Aten was never more than a few feet from Lethia's side, both to be there to provide help if she needed it, and to reassure himself that she was still there and things were going okay. Whenever something under the water brush his leg, even if he clearly felt it move so he knew it was a fish, the stallion would begin to panic, but having Lethia there kept him grounded.

The swim from the mainland to the Resort was a decent distance since it didn't have one portion that extended closer like the Isle did, so the swim felt like forever. When the Resort came within eyesight though, and their hooves began to touch solid ground, the stallion breathed a huge sigh of relief.

They hauled themselves to shore, Aten giving his body a good shake to get rid of the excess water. The white sand was pushed aside by his hooves as they got further onto shore, and Aten turned to look over Lethia to make sure she was doing all right after that swim.

The pretty buckskin seemed to be all right, so Aten looked back towards the Resort, and stood tall. He tilted his head back and let out a call to ask for the leader to come if he could, and while they waited, Aten stood close to Lethia to help provide her warmth.

@[Ruinam] @[Izora Lethia]

winter wonderland

The resort remains pretty quiet as usual, only the chatter of birds and the rustle of jungle leaves can be heard as Ruinam wanders placidly around the island, his companion following him with a heavy pant.
    Ruinam watches the little fox as he attempts to follow the larger stallion, ever since he had visited the mountain everything with his companion had felt different, he felt a lot more distant with the fox, but all of this was probably due to his declaration, his clear need to separate his bond in order to seek power.

The stallion's attention suddenly switches from the fox as he hears a call at the border, his expression lights up as he moves hurriedly to the border, his body language inviting as he approaches the two strangers "Hello there, my name is Ruinam" he opens, his head dipped slightly as he greets the visitors.

"What can I do for you?" he asks curiously, his companion quickly rushing over to the visitors to investigate them.

Ruinam
    Sorry this took so long! Apologies for the shortness as well @[Aten] @[Izora Lethia]
    ruinam-500px
    The journey was long. It was the first time that Lethy had left Owin and Poppinjay behind and with a soft lip to their foreheads she kissed them goodbye before following Aten across Beqanna. Her heart was filled with excitement and anxiety swirling and twirling together in perfect cohesion. Three days passed as they made their way through Tephra’s land, though autumn had made its appearance the heat that slicked her skin stuck to her like a bandaid. Her eyes widened at the sight of the enormous volcano that had left this land charred not to long ago that its evidence didn’t exist anymore but long enough that she could visibly see the growth Thepra had made. Eventually they made it to the beach shore, the one they would have to swim away from towards their final destination. The anxiety that swam in her belly was still that of her children who were in the tender care of her friend Lepis. The water that lapped at her hooves did little to upset her but she could feel the tension in the way that Aten held himself and she stuck close to him the whole way across.

When they finally arrives she watched in awe at the swaying of the trees and the flight of the jungle birds as Aten called for the leader to visit. She was pleasantly surprised when the white stallion “exploded” from the tree line. HIs coat shone in unison with the sun above and he looked practically angelic as he sauntered closer to them with a warm smile. Lethy’s amethyst eyes lightened as he approached, she offered the man a warm smile in return. It did not take long for her eyes to widen in surprise as the white fox bounced after Ruinam to settle close, much like Aten’s Turul. She gave a delightful, squinted grin before turning to Aten. Today she would watch and learn how to be diplomatic.

@[Aten] @[Ruinam]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677
    Aten and Lethia were waiting in content silence for the leader to arrive, the stallion happy that the mare seemed to be in good spirits after their swim. He was happy for the peace and quiet that gave him time to sort through his thoughts before the leader arrived, and he had just enough time to.

Shortly after their arrival, the leader all but exploded from from the trees. Aten had heard tales of Ruinam, and now wished to see if he lived up to the hype. The island leader was a powerful looking stallion with a coat as white as beach sand, though the tints that Aten spotted once he got closer told him that his base color was darker. He was of good height and stature, though still shorter than Aten himself. His mane was a bit short compared to some others, but his long silky tail waved behind him in the breeze.

He sported the typical pink skin around his eyes and muzzle, and rock solid hooves that easily carried him over the sandy terrain. He came over to greet Aten and Lethia, his language inviting and not at all hostile like some leaders may be around newcomers.

As he came closer, Aten also spotted a small arctic fox behind him, his white coloring very similar to the stallion. His fur was very lightly speckled in black in typical places for foxes, near his ears and end of tail, and he moved with quick speed, despite his distance from the white stallion.

Ruinam came forward and introduced himself pleasantly before asking what he could do for the newcomers. Aten stepped up so he was slightly in front of Lethia and dipped his head in greeting.

"Hello Ruinam, I am honored to meet you. My name is Aten, and this is my companion, Izora Lethia," he motioned to the mare he'd used the full name of, "We have journeyed here to the Island Resort on behalf of Lepis, the Queen of Taiga, to speak with you regarding the states of our kingdoms.

"Lepis is currently searching for allies for Taiga and has told me a great number of tales regarding the Island Resort. And if any of the stories that I have heard regarding you are true, I do believe it would be beneficial for Taiga to be allied with your kingdom. Lepis is willing to share our resources with the Island, those of us who are trained to defend our home should you need assistance, as well are performing combats between kingdom residents so that we may train and help each other. Lepis has requested to know what you think regarding this so that, should you agree, she can consult you with planning the next step for the two kingdoms to create a stronger bond."

@[Ruinam] @[Izora Lethia]

winter wonderland

Ruinam's hooves gently sink into the golden sand as he takes a comfortable position in front of the visitors, used to the sand infiltrating every part of his body by now, no longer considering such a nuisance as he had when he first arrived.

The ivory stallion's head dips slightly as the male steps forward in greeting, returning the mannerism as he observes the two visitors, his white coat shining softly in the harsh sunlight as he shifts positions, trying to relieve pressure from the leg that he had injured.

His ears perk up as the stallion who introduces himself as Aten, begins to speak again, his companion now leaving as he grows bored; never really being fond of diplomatic visits.
    Ruinam didn't think he would have to think about Loess again, especially so soon, though the mention of Lepis stiffens his body slightly, his stance now almost agitated.
    After all the time he had spent in Sylva, building a bond with its residents and serving its king, the sudden cut to those ties left him alone, slowly trying to find his condifence, and after Mary had finally returned, the stallion had managed to find himself again, though even she now seemed to have dissapeared.

"It is lovely to meet you Aten, and you too Izora Lethia," he starts, his tone remaining warm and inviting "I'm not sure what stories you have heard, but the resort is truly a lovely place" he nods his head, his companion now returning as soon as he feels a shift in the white stallion's mood "As for alliances, the resort is closely tied to Tephra, with the possibility of plans of its own. I would rather our lands remain friendly, though I do not know if an alliance would be in our best interests" he stays, his tone slightly more stern.

Ruinam was still wary of Loess, especially after his recent visit, meeting with Castile for hopefully the last time. The white stallion knew that Lepis has been associated with Loess, though he did not know much past that, he also had no idea as to their current standing with the draconic king.
    "Is Taiga seeking an alliance with Loess also?" he asks curiously, many hidden questions planted into one simple query, his brow raised as his stance relaxes again.

Ruinam
    @[Aten]
    "I have only heard good stories, there is no need to worry about that," Aten shared, not wanting the leader to think ill of him.

Ruinam does not have the best of news to share with Aten, despite the stallion saying their kingdoms could be considered friends of sorts. He then asked of Taiga's alliance with Loess, and despite how it may benefit them, Aten could not lie. It would not sit well with either leader, especially if Ruinam chose to back out should he discover for himself that the redwood land indeed allied with Loess.

"Technically speaking, Taiga does already have an alliance with Loess, due to Lepis' ties. There is no 'official' agreement of sorts, but Lepis has stated that we can depend on Loess should we need assistance. The same goes with Sylva, even though I can't think of one kingdom outside it's borders that has a completely positive history with them."

The golden stallion picked his next words carefully, "I won't lie; if you choose not to ally with Taiga, of course that would leave some of us disappointed, but Lepis will not bear ill will against you. Unfortunately, at this moment, what she told me to offer you is all I can, except for my assistance when you need it, for though I am a member of Taiga's kingdom, I offer my help wherever I feel I can be of use. If you would like some time to think, of course I would not mind and only request Lethia and I be allowed to shelter here until you have your answer. If you stand by your original decision however and prefer the kingdoms not be allies at this time, I would like to know so that we may return home and report to Lepis."

@[Ruinam]

winter wonderland

The weather remains ideal as the trio of horses stand loosely congregated atop the golden resort sand, the stallion's companion already tugging at Ruinam's tail as he begs him to hurry, his paws dancing hurriedly on the hot sand as his paws start to heat up.

The deal is sealed as soon as Ruinam hears Aten say that the Taiga is technically allied with Loess, bound to help each other when in need of assistance. The stallion's brow raises as the champagne roan speaks of Sylva though before he can say anything, the male speaks again, asking that Ruinam decides whether the two kingdoms would become allies.
    As soon as Aten finishes, the white stallion clears his throat, looking toward both visitors "Sylva was quite a hapless situation, there was no winner on either side if I am to be honest. Sylva's residents were very close to me, they took me in and taught me how Beqanna worked, the resort would have always backed Sylva if they had come out on top" Ruinam says sternly, casting aside any doubts toward his past loyalty with Sylva even now with no sign of Mary around.  

"As for our two kingdoms, I can give you a very clear answer, as long as Loess is allied with Taiga, the resort shall take no part in the matter. I hope that our kingdoms remain friendly but we have no interest in an alliance" the stallion responds calmly, losing his previously stern tone to adopt a softer one. "You both are welcome to stay at the resort as long as you desire whether that is to rest or take a look around, I hope that we can meet again" the stallion offers, his head bowing briefly before turning around and slinking away back into the dense jungle, his thick white tail loosely rippling behind him as he walks.

Ruinam
    @[Aten] so sorry to keep you waiting this long!!!
    ruinam-500px