• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

take the black out of the night, brazen

cold in the violence after the war
    hope is a fire to keep us warm

Though Brazen makes no claim to great intelligence, it would have been impossible for her to grow up with a mother like Heartfire and not gain at least some ability to read others as her mother does. And Brinly, with all her curtness and irritability, is surprisingly easy to read. She almost grins at the thought, but she doubts the auburn woman would appreciate such an insight.

Brazen has no desire to send her fleeing after only a few seconds. She’s pretty sure once she breaks past the stubborn shield she’d find something wonderful. And, well, Brazen is quite possibly even more stubborn than Brinly. A trait easy to overlook in the face of such overt friendliness.

In the wake of her wild entrance, she halts in a flurry before skittering back a couple steps as she remembers to give her companion the space she so desires. Touch is so second nature to the armoured girl that it’s easy to forget sometimes that not everyone feels the same way about it. But she’s learning. And for Brinly, she’d try a little harder.

Her grin is easy as the glittering brightness of her eyes comes to land on her newly arrived friend. (Perhaps Brinly wouldn’t call them friends yet, but Brazen is not nearly so shy.) Any abruptness to her greeting is entirely lost on Brazen as she tosses her head slightly, russet mane fluttering against pale bone and mottled, blood-stained skin. “Well, I’m glad you came,” her gaze is earnest as she siddles slightly closer once more. “I can show you around, if you want?”

She doesn’t wait for a response though, already edging closer, pressing her towards the shoreline, knowing Brinly would skitter away the moment she got too close. In exactly the direction she wanted to go.

Her question gives her pause however, a faint trail of nostalgia flitting across her features before she fixes her gaze more firmly on Brinly. “No,” she replies easily enough, after only a moment’s hesitation. “Mom had me and Dagen in Island Resort. I stayed there with Dad until the plague ended.”

Brazen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take the black out of the night, brazen - by Brazen - 10-17-2019, 11:57 AM