• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Starsin;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    ”Starsin,” his voice crawls across the forest floor like ominous fog, coiling around the tree trunks. His eyes glimmer much like the constellations across her skin as the late afternoon shadows deepen and engulf him.

Loess is far at his back as he dives into the deciduous forest, depending on his acute senses to steer him through the ranks of vegetation until he sees her in the near distance. Nothing has changed – not her body, her temperament, her trust – and Castile can nearly grasp the solidity of their developed friendship as he edges closer until his breath reaches across her like tendrils of smoldering sulfur. ”I miss you,” he comments as a lopsided, boyish grin slants across his lips, ”and the quick wit.” Starsin has always been a figure of Loess, a branch of power without ever needing a crown. She will forever be one of his strongest allies, a deep confidant, as the waves across Beqanna begin to shuffle and stir once more.

Slipping to her side, Castile observes the forest and listens to the voices that carry through the tangled branches. ”Thank you for taking Sylva after all that mess.” The gentleness of his voice is rare among outsiders, but he has come to treasure Starsin, and holds her in a higher respect than most outside of his kin. With an inquisitive tilt of his head, he quietly asks, ”Do you want to return to Loess?” Even before she answers, Castile knows that her greater interests have always lied with Loess. It runs thickly through her veins; it’s where she truthfully belongs. ”I’m thinking that if Mary succeeds in her little mission to Tephra, that she could maybe take Sylva from you, but I would want someone appointed as either her equal or a step below to keep her in check and be the tether between our two lands. What do you think?” There’s a fleeting pause as a wind sighs across their bodies, carrying a spring’s kiss to their skin. ”We have certainly… humbled her. Who could be the envoy, of sorts? Any recommendations?” A sly grin replaces the boyish amusement from previously as he searches her face for answers. 

castile

@[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    Starsin; - by Castile - 09-23-2019, 01:21 PM
    RE: Starsin; - by Starsin - 10-14-2019, 12:43 AM
    RE: Starsin; - by Castile - 10-23-2019, 08:10 AM
    RE: Starsin; - by Starsin - 11-10-2019, 08:01 PM