• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Starsin;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    ”And that’s exactly what I miss,” he jests with an angled tilt of his head in response to the sassiness that she is renowned for. Despite how busily voices hum through Loess, there’s an emptiness at his side that Starsin fills - the one voice that is a mountain above all the molehills. As the tides churn restlessly, it seems almost wrong to allow her to remain here, confined to the deciduous trees. He wants to take her back, to grab her wrist and jerk her back home, but he cannot – will not – force her hand. A treasured friendship, he obliges to respect her wishes.

It is with hidden joy, however, that Castile hears her confession. A lopsided grin lifts a corner of his mouth.

She misses him. She misses Loess.

It will only be a matter of time then, he predicts, until she can fully return to the kingdom’s walls and leave Sylva in her wake. He offers her an option, but he can already see how her eyes harden and how she doesn’t entirely accept it on a whim. This, he thinks, is one of the many reasons he has come to enjoy her company and her opinions. ”It’s only an idea to give you relief. Is there someone else you would find more fitting? There’s always the choice of having two leaders to balance the stakes,” a shrug ripples through his shoulders as he mulls over the Loessian faces, groping for someone suitable to lead – someone that has been loyal.

Someone that can face the looming storm.

Castile’s eyes ignite to life when Starsin confirms the brewing unrest. He knows only traces of the unraveling events. ”Lepis came to me saying that she wants Taiga as the kingdom, yes,” his confirmation is flat but strengthens as he feeds Starsin further information, filling in any gaps. ”She stated that Taiga is stronger than Nerine, that it is flourishing and surpassing Nerine. She feels that Heartfire and Nerine would be unable to protect its two territories with so few numbers. I agreed. A kingdom should be strong and capable of defending the herds and territories beneath it. I support the idea of the strongest land being a kingdom.” There is no shame in that. Whether it is his predatory nature that dominance and strength work hand-in-hand or a perspective relating to survival of the fittest. Either way, he supports Lepis if Taiga is supreme.

”Heartfire I’m sure is pissed, but she doesn’t like to show much. It’s part of her intimidation tactic she uses on others – makes it seem like nothing bothers her, like she has no weaknesses or emotions,” he shrugs, unfazed by his pseudo-aunt. She can try to persuade him with silence and jaded comments, but he is accustomed to her maneuvers and brooding thoughts. ”I imagine there may be some trouble ahead. I want to ensure that Loess, Sylva, and the Pampas are prepared.” He pauses to look around, remembering his brief time in the forest when he was just a boy, stolen from Hyaline by his friend. ”I want our families safe.” He adds quietly before meeting her eyes, searching them for more answers as to what she knows. 

castile

@[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    Starsin; - by Castile - 09-23-2019, 01:21 PM
    RE: Starsin; - by Starsin - 10-14-2019, 12:43 AM
    RE: Starsin; - by Castile - 10-23-2019, 08:10 AM
    RE: Starsin; - by Starsin - 11-10-2019, 08:01 PM