• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // Any
    A shriek is not unexpected when meeting strangers, and Terin does nothing more than blink and tilt his head when Aquaria fulfills his expectations. She smells tense, but not overwhelmingly fearful. Brave, he decides, or just very good at hiding her emotions. Both are admirable, he's been told, and so he smiles in a friendly manner.

This means, of course, that he bares several rows of shark-sharp teeth at her. He doesn't move beyond that though, save to sweep the thick line of his scaled tail nearer to his hind feet as a third point of balance. Standing like this is as natural as walking on four feet or swimming, and for Terin the movement is much the same as a horse settling back in relaxation.

Looking for her sister, she says, and Terin glances over her shoulder with one golden eyes as though said sibling might be farther ahead in the jungle. But no, they are alone, and he turns his attention back to the purple-eyed mare. She looks fragile, but not in the way that land dwellers often do. She is also pretty. Pretty in the way that Mother is pretty, he thinks - unnaturally so - and the realization of what she is settles just as she asks who he is.

"You're a nereid." he replies, his soft voice not unlike the splash of waves against the sand. She does not look aggressive or especially violent, as he had always assumed they would. Father keeps them away from Wihwin, their northeastern island, and Terin has always imagined them as monstrous things, even though mother told tales of them being lovely enough to lure him away.

"I'm Rinn," he tells her, "Short for Terin. I'm a dragon," Pteron adds, "Or at least that is what my parents think I must be." Knowing that she must be a nereid, the blue creature knows he should be wary, but he is nearer to the water then she, and is quite sure that he could outdistance her once there - if he needs to.

@[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // Any - by Terin - 10-03-2019, 03:13 PM