• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lost in the deep end // star pony
    The presence of the star bolstered the stallion's spirit. It was so much easier to be brave when his friend was near. So much easier to trust in the world when he was no longer alone in it. He could trust Antares, something that had been proven over many nights together. With others, such trust was harder to grasp. But it felt a little nearer tonight, with this girl who looked at the stars and saw more than others might. 

The star bobbed like a leaf on a pond, spinning idly between the two horses standing there. Antares did not typically speak when there were strangers were near. He preferred to be a silent observer, watching and learning all the land had to offer. This seemed to be a night for defying expectations, however.

"The ones above you, little Lilliana." A voice like a fingernail on glass lit upon the air. Tyr snorted in surprise. He had not been expecting the star to communicate until after they were on their own again. Was there something different about this girl that he wasn't aware of? Something obvious only to those who could see? Or something the star knew on a different level, one unique to the celestial being. 

The midnight stallion wasn't sure what to make of this new development. A twinge of something like jealously picked at him, an ugly feeling that he wasn't used to. Antares was his friend. And that friendship meant everything to him. To share it... Would that make it less special? Would it make him less special? Worse still, what if Antares decided another might be a better companion after all this time, and leave him. To be alone in the darkness again was a thought beyond bearing. 

Anxiety constricted his throat, drew his head low to let the white hair fall back in his face. He shouldn't be so fearful. It was a silly reaction, but the might was already so unusual. Everything felt off balance and he wanted desperately to regain his footing. 

Antares wasn't finished, though. The star shone reflectively for a moment, illuminating the scene in its gentle way. "There are strange beings not of this world appearing in the East, my friends. It will not do to wander alone much longer." 

This news shook Tyr from his melancholy thoughts. When he had asked for secrets, this was not what he'd anticipated hearing in response. Wandering was his nature, was all he knew how to do. Ischia would be the logical place to go. His sisters would welcome him, and their ancestral home was about as far from the East as one could go. His head shook unhappily. "Thank you for the news, Antares." He hummed a note of curiosity before twisting to face the girl once more. 

"I guess I haven't told you who I am yet. Name's Tyr. Antares called you Lilliana, right? That's pretty." Was she as pretty as her name suggested? She had been kind so far, so it seemed a reasonable connection to make. But back to the matter at hand. "Have you got a home? My sisters live in Ischia, I figure they won't have a problem with you staying with us while whatever Antares was talking about gets sorted out..." 

The offering was given with a smile, even if the idea of going back to the island was less than ideal to the stallion. It was where he'd been born, yes, and where his family remained. But it had never felt like the right fit to him. His sisters, their parents, all held the sea in their grasps. He alone lacked any affinity for the water and their way of life. He was welcome. But he could never stay. 

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    Lost in the deep end // star pony - by Tyr - 10-14-2019, 04:24 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // star pony - by Tyr - 10-17-2019, 03:33 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // star pony - by Tyr - 10-22-2019, 09:14 AM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // star pony - by Tyr - 11-02-2019, 09:59 AM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // star pony - by Tyr - 11-04-2019, 03:19 PM