• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    Her expression of hope quickly contorts to concern at the reaction of Aquaria hearing the news. She feels her heart drop into the pit of her stomach as the waves crash from where they both stand on the shore. Purple stained ears flicker forward slightly back and forth, listening as Aquaria unravels her frustration for the news.

Everything had seemed hopeful when she had left Larke and sought out to find Aquaria to tell her the news. Part of Eva had felt there would be rejoice from sharing such news, but she is surprised to see such a reaction from Aquaria.

Should she not expect it though?

Would the other residents of Ischia feel the same too?

What would Adria have done truly?

Eva glances down and stares at her hooves as Aquaria continues speaking. She is beginning to feel small again. Almost like a child. Maybe she is not cut out to rule like she had thought. Larke had seen something within Eva that might have not entirely been there. Perhaps she is too naïve of the world and her ability to rule will only lead Ischia and its residents into failure.

At the mention of her name, her gaze lifts up and meets the fin-mare. Her heart felt heavy as it beat against the layer of her bone and flesh. It felt like her heart was going to burst out any moment now. Turmoil replaced her previous expression now as she finally realized what was happening.

She should have come here with a full-heart and ready to take on the world, but still a bit of uncertainty was deeply buried within her. Eva has always been naturally a peaceful being. The nereid wanted harmony and certainty again for all the Ischians. However, she wanted what was best for Ischia the most.

Maybe that is why she came to Aquaria first before gathering everyone together with Larke. The fin-mare was the closest thing she had to family here besides her siblings and children now. If anything, she needed to see things from a different perspective and not be blindsided by what was dangling before her.

Eva straightens herself, glancing to the roaring waves that come crashing against their hooves. Aquaria’s passion was felt deeply. She does not blame her adopted aunt for feeling such things. It was her right to feel angry and wrong about the changes that have been made. Ischia was not simply a tool that can be bent and used as needed—she knows better than that.

Her gaze meets Aquaria once more. Eva’s expression of turmoil is there, but it is softer this time. If something was right, she knew in her heart she could not let it go. She could not let this entirely go either. It was not recklessness, but for the greater good. It was not selfish, but for all of Ischia.

“You are right,” she says softly but with more certainty than she had felt before. “Things have been just so chaotic around here. I just want things to go back to how they were. When everything was peaceful, and I knew what to expect.” She sighs softly as she unravels her thoughts to Aquaria. “It felt right at the time to accept the position. Larke is kind and seems to be a good person, but I can't get rid of this feeling that something is still wrong.”

However, she knows she cannot make the choice alone. There were important friends and family here. Their lives were changing as much as hers were changing too. It was not her choice to decide the change, but all of Ischia.

“I want what is best for our home, Aquaria,” she says, “I agree with you that we have given no one else any reason as to why we cannot care for our own home or lead it.” Eva pauses for a moment, wondering if it was the right choice to be going down this path. She doesn’t feel like a traitor in making this choice though—it was her home after all. “It’s our right to decide who will lead us. Tephra is not Ischia. We are Ischia. Should it not be our and the rest of the Ischians choice to decide who leads Ischia then?”

She feels her heart quieting now. A feeling of more assurance that this was the right path to go down then perhaps previously. The nereid looks at Aquaria, waiting for what she had to say about her change of heart.
    Eva
    lady of ischia

@[Aquaria]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 10-17-2019, 05:27 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 10-19-2019, 09:19 AM