• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  meet me where the sky touches the sea; any
    we've been running away from space and time
    if we don't fit in the grand design
    It was beginning to be hard for him to truly deny who and what he was. A predator is what they called him. For much of his life, especially the fearful glances from his mother, he felt ashamed for hiding and hindering what demanded to be let out in him.

The scales that appeared when he went into the water was nothing bad compared to the sharp teeth that started to appear one day. Aeolus stopped trying to smile less and tried not to make so many jokes. He didn’t want anyone to see his sharp teeth. It only became worse when he felt hunger to eat other things, but he started to sort that out by sneaking away to the open waters at night when everyone was asleep.

And then when his father decided to truly reveal who he was. Well, that certainly changed everything for Aeolus. He was exactly what his father had been, although much larger and scarier. Perhaps his father’s transformation could hinder those unwanted traits of whatever creatures he wanted to be.

But he was told not to be ashamed for what he was. He could not help it after all. Even one of his first childhood friends had turned out to be a predator. She was not ashamed for becoming what she was—her own dad had taught her how to hunt and she had showed him some new fish. It was just a different way of living. Maybe it didn’t have to be so bad like he always thought it would be.

Listening to Tasi talk about swimming out in the open waters, he keeps his attention focused on her. Curious of her own adventures out in the unknown sea world. He chuckles too when she mentions she is better at swimming than walking.

Tasi then moves towards the sea asking if he has done much swimming. “I definitely have done a lot of swimming,” he says with a boyish grin, “I much prefer it than walking!” It was easier, more natural to move within the water. He simply felt at one when he was in it.

Aeolus bounds forward at her request to swim. “I would very much love that!” He says accepting her invitation and then rushes into the open water at a quick speed, splashing water everywhere around him, scales appear on his body, as he plunges in.

Turning back, still a grin on his lips, he calls out to the teal and gold girl. “What are you waiting for!?” He asks and then laughs.
    then no one can ever confine us, and no one can ever define us
    we're just trying to live where the wild things are
    Aeolus

@[Tasi]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: meet me where the sky touches the sea; any - by Aeolus - 01-19-2020, 03:27 PM