• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I beg for forgivness; Any!

winter wonderland

Ruinam had heard that changes had come to the neighbouring island, Ischia, though the stallion as per usual, had no idea as to what was going on.
    The last time he had visited Ischia was when Adria had taken him there and shown him around the island, he had missed the excitement involved in exploring Ischia, swimming in its colourful waters and trying all the different types of fruit it had to offer.

Ruinam feels like it is time to return to the tropical island and find out what has been going on, it would be the perfect opportunity for him to spring forth his idea, giving birth to a new peace that horses could rely on.

Though his plan was not airtight quite yet, he still had many problems that he had glossed over before and would have to figure them out on the way, the first one being the situation in Ischia and who their leader was at the moment, Ruinam had not heard from Adria or his daughter for a while now and had become increasingly worried and curious as to what was happening on the neighbouring island.

The white male sets off on the short trip with his companion sitting comfortably on his back, a sorrowful expression shared between them, already knowing that soon they would be separated if he is to gain the dragon form he longed for from the mountain.

The swim to the island is very short, especially since Ruinam has gotten quite used to swimming and no longer feared the ocean as much as he did before. As both Ruinam and his companion climb ashore, the ivory male issues a brief call toward the islanders, having no idea who to address it to.
    Now he waits patiently on the border, watching his companion as he settles down and shakes himself, trying to get rid of any remaining water.

Ruinam
    Sorry this is a really bad starter but he really didn't want to be written today lmao
    ruinam-500px
    Tension leached every corner of the isles. Unsettling quiet hung heavy in the palms, along the shining beaches, everywhere that carefree laughter used to ring. It was a tragedy, in the saltwater girl's mind. Her home had never been a place of stress and insecurity, despite the chaos that ruled the rest of the world. It was one of many reasons she loved it so. 

Yet still, despite the air of disruption that lingered wherever she went, the pale mare continued her day to day activities with her same brightness and optimism. This was Ischia, after all. No one could change it for long. 

Her footsteps carried her along the broad beach, where the water sloshed very near to low tide and the white sand stretched as far as she could see going or coming. A beautiful morning, with the air less humid than usual as autumn settled on the world. Her high stepping gait carried her to the edge where water cut at her home, and the lands beyond. So many unknowns, and she felt herself being carried away by the current of it all. 

Further upshore, she sees someone arrive. He is paler even than herself, rising from the water like a stray wash of sea foam to pause on the sand. His call does not go unanswered long, as the finned mare trotted gracefully toward him and the strange creature that clings to his side. 

"Hello," she said, smiling pleasantly as she approached the stranger. "I'm Aquaria. Can I help you?" He does not seem a stranger, not fully, as she sees his ease after his swim. Still she knows she has not met him before now. And he did not venture past the shore, waiting for someone to greet him. Curiosity pricked at her as she waits for more information. 

@[Ruinam]

winter wonderland

Ruinam had had plenty of time to reconsider his strategy, to hide in the jungle of his home and come up with a master plan, and idea that had no chance to fail, though time was running out, Beqanna was changing and Ruinam had to act fast, his initial order of business being to visit Ischia, and now that he was here, his plan would be in full swing.

The white male does not have to wait long before someone arrives, a mare similar in colour to him and perhaps sharing magic that he had seen in Adria, she approaches him with a smile, seemingly friendly as she greets him.

"Hello, I am Ruinam" he opens with a smile, his tone warm and soft "I have come with a proposition. An idea, something that will hopefully bring peace to Beqanna and unite us all" he says with confidence, wanting to remain as clear as possible with the mare.

"I have heard of what has been going on in Ischia, and quite frankly, I think your people may like the idea. I have a hope to unite all three islands of Beqanna, two island territories under one leading island and create a safe haven for those that do not want to be involved with the trouble of the mainland. I want us to be safe, and most importantly, I want the islanders to have a choice" he finishes, a smile expressed on his face.

He hopes that he has not said too much too quickly, though he knows that Ischia will keep her word, and however blunt he had been, he knew his idea had already sprung forth from here.
    "Can you help me?" he asks with a genuine smile, hoping that from this point he would be able to take action. 

Ruinam
    @[Aquaria]
    ruinam-500px
    Her eyes widened a bit as his words came flooding out. Word, apparently, traveled fast. Things were moving in more places than just her own home, it seemed like, and the ripples were beginning to arrive. In the wake of their own uncertainties, the nereid felt that caution would be a suitable tact to take here. She was not the one who could say yes or no to such a proposition. 

Smile a few watts weaker than it had been moments before, she nodded in greeting while she processed the words that had spilled so readily forth from the man. "Ruinam. It's a pleasure to meet you, I think." She looked about before continuing, seeing that they still stood on empty sand. "A suggestion: perhaps don't suggest all out treason to the first horse you meet, it would and badly if they weren't open to the idea. As it is-" 

A deep breath, a snapping flick of her tail. "-We should find Eva. She needs to hear this as well. Come with me." And she turned inland, trusting the stallion to follow behind. Their path lead them inward, then deeper into the jungle, letting out on a cove where she knew Eva liked to sunbathe. 

"Eva! Eva, I need you." Her voice carried over sand and saltwater, calling the violet sea mare to them with hope and anxiety. Turning to Ruinam, she smiled as she settled in to wait for her friend to arrive. 

It was an exciting idea he put to her. Something far bigger than anything she'd considered before. Their own kingdom, separate from the mainland and its wars. It was a heady concept. But who would rule them? Was the seat of power something this unknown Ruinam sought for himself? If that was the case, she didn't know what she'd think. Would it be any better than their current situation. 

@[Ruinam] @[Eva]
    {maleficar}
    My corrupt nature is empty of grace.
    Maleficar watches the waves with a faint smile on his face, soaking in the sun of the warm day while Vulgaris observes for a while. The witch turns his head when he notices the king stiffen and tilt his head curiously, causing Mal’s gaze to follow whatever is so interesting. The stranger is entirely unfamiliar to him and so he feels little interest when the woman from the meeting greets him. Still, the serpent seems keen to get a closer look and so he follows, intrigued but not entirely invested just yet.

Until words of mutiny are shared so easily between them. The witch can’t help the way his brows rise in surprise and he watches as the gray king laughs, boldly stepping ever closer to the pair. This won’t end well. He just knows it. Still, he signed up for this and he’s a man of his word, so he trails along to watch over the conflict.

Ruinam, and I just thought we were becoming good friends. How unfortunate,” the king says, smiling in a way that makes Maleficar uneasy. “If you’re tired of my reign, then let’s find you a new ruler. There’s a new queen rising in the east that might be more your style. She’s a fan of uprisings, I hear, and your home would make a fine house warming gift. We’ll miss you very terribly.

And then he watches him, silent, eyes gleaming with delight as the chaos begins to churn through Beqanna once more. The ancient black witch hadn’t cared for the wars and the burning night that Loess had brought them. He had defied the dark god’s plague and faced his wrath even before that. Maleficar steps forward now, clearing his throat to interrupt.

“Perhaps there is an alternative? That woman in the east uses her own children as trained hounds, Vulgaris,” he says with a tone of concern thick in his voice. The king turns to him sharply, sage green eyes boring into him as he seems to think for a moment before narrowing his eyes and sighing gruffly.

I suppose I could reconsider. Ruinam, if you don’t want to face the queen of the east, then the Resort will become a herdland like Ischia. Which do you choose?

And then they wait, Mal with his brows furrowed and Vulgaris with his amused grin.

winter wonderland

Perhaps the stallion had gone too fast, his unseasoned diplomatism leading him to making rash decisions that he would later hate himself for. So far it seemed like everything was going the way he had planned it, he had managed to blabber on about his idea without exposing himself too quickly, his excitement perpetuated by the mare, who appears to follow the idea.

Though the stallion's excitement is short-lived, the appearance of Vulgaris and his minion create a soreness in his throat, an anger sparked by the sudden halt to his idea, he felt as if he had started to drown, weighted by all that was going on, sinking to the bottom until there was no air left for him to breathe.
    "Vulgaris" his breath is raspy and his tone cold as he turns to face the king, trying not to let his discomfort show as his red eyes bore into the grey male.

"Friends?" his tone bitter as he pauses, the sound of crashing waves re-entering his ears as he holds the silence.
    "You are delusional" Ruinam smiles wryly, stepping closer to Vulgaris, shooting the other male a quick glance as he halts comfortably "Perhaps you are looking at this from the wrong perspective, unseating you is not the solution here, my idea was merely leaving you alone to be eventually consumed by Loess again. Though, that really doesn't have to happen. Let the people decide, give them an option. Let them be free from the madness of the mainland" he taunts, glancing at the other male for a moment, a grin working its way onto his face as he speaks.

He listens to Maleficar as he speaks, a snort escaping the white stallion's nostrils as his attention returns to the steel king "The Resort will not bend to you Vulgaris, I will personally see to that. As for the Queen in the east," he glances to Maleficar "I hope she burns you all" 

Ruinam
    @[Aquaria] @[Maleficar] I'm sorry I tried, I also don't know why the spacing is a bit wonky
    ruinam-500px
    She starts when they are joined. Not from the sea, by her friend as expected. Instead they come from behind, quiet and agile in the shadows until their words give them away. The pale mare spun on her heel to face them, trusting the sea at her back far more than the stallions that now fill the cove. 

At first she is confused, never having met the newcomers, but the confusion melts like a jellyfish in the sun as words are exchanged. Cold anger replaces it as Ruinam and the newly known Vulgaris exchange their quiet threats, interjected by the dark stallion at Vulgaris' side. So this was the king who decided to put little Larke on a sand castle throne, to give her an island for a doll house. He was as much of a jerk as she'd figured he'd be, and that made this so much simpler.

The fins of her crest flared as shev stared down the new pair, eyes flashing with deep sea light. Her voice carried the rhythm of the sea as at last she broke her silence. "Excuse me? Vulgaris, isn't it?" Her voice was low and sweet, eyes blinking gently in the sun. "We've never met. I'm Aquaria, sister of Adria, resident of Ischia. And I gotta say, you're being a massive asshole today. Like, sperm whale sized." 

Her tone fell as she spoke, becoming laced with acid and distaste. She was a peaceful creature by nature, and she figured he knew that of her kind. Perhaps that's why he'd tried taking advantage of hers, and now clearly Ruinam's, island homes. Well enough was enough. 

Her emotions filled the air, leaving a saltwater tang as the ocean replied. Rivulets and trickles and dribbles defied gravity, pulled with unnatural gravity to the pale mare in response to her trepidation. The ocean wanted her safe. Just as she wanted it to be safe. Her loyalty was now and would always be to the sea and the island nestled in it's embrace. No king would change that. 

"You threaten Ruinam for asking for fairness. You threaten him for desiring peace! How dare you. We are not your playthings to be thrown about when you don't get your way. Either negotiate, or understand that we are not going to tolerate this any longer. Larke has done us no harm, and I wish her no ill will. But I will not stand here and watch as you throw us to the sharks for your own selfish plans." She paused for breath, ignoring the scales that sprouted along her skin, the tendrils of cold brine twisting along her legs. 

She was a daughter of the sea, and the sea could be dangerous. He seemed to have forgotten this, and her sense of subtly had gone out the window as soon as they'd been discovered. Time for hell to break loose. "If you want to have any kingdom left by the end of the day, I suggest you open your mind to the idea of giving a little bit. Before you lose it all." Small as she was, her stance stayed planted. This was beyond foolish. This was a death sentence. But it was what they had come to. If she suffered, it would be for her faith in her home. As she'd told Eva before. Either Vulgaris would be reasonable, or he could stuff a starfish in it. It looked like she needed to go find a starfish. 

@[vulgaris] @[Ruinam]
    V u l g a r i S
    Vulgaris moves forward to match Ruinam’s steps, watching him closely with a grin still smeared across his face. Leliana had done her best to teach him kindness and patience, to tame the wild hunger that gnawed through him so easily. And he had believed it to be gone entirely. Now, as it consumes him, he realizes it had only been sleeping since his resurrection. He listens as the boy speaks and he tilts his head curiously. Perhaps it would be best if this one did not rule after all. He didn’t know the laws of the land.

There can only be four kingdoms, Ruinam. You would be torn apart by Loess and Pangea the moment you reared your head as king. Tephra alone has the strength to fight off their numbers, alongside Nerine. If Tephra were to fall and become a territory, there would be only you to stop them from conquering the west,” he says, his smile falling as he observes him now. Would Ruinam really try to face the dark queen and the dragon emperor on his own? Heartfire would laugh in his face if he even tried to rally her assistance. There wouldn’t even be scraps for the vultures to pick from his corpse.

When the fire comes for us all, I will still offer you refuge in our gardens. I pray you make it there.” His face grows serious for a moment, keeping his eyes trained on the Resort leader for a moment before turning to face the woman. His smile returns sevenfold and he laughs, throwing his head back as she speaks. “No one asked for your name, girl!

And as her oceans rise, Maleficar watches, his dark red eyes trained on her waters as he gives a soft snort. The threat display made him visibly frown but he knew words meant precious little to them now. The serpent king, meanwhile, only lifted his head higher and maintained his steady gaze. He had faced death once already. Nothing scared him much anymore.

The time for peace ended the moment you thought of mutiny. You reach for my crown and expect to keep your hand, but the negotiations are over. Now, it’s time to enforce my law.

And as he finished, the witch stepped forward, his sad eyes looking over them before glancing at Vulgaris. His heart aches and searches for the right choice but everything is gray and blurred to him. He knows Tephra stands opposed to forces far worse but he wanted the islands to have their freedom. He sighs, and turns to Ruinam after a moment of thought.

“If your choice is to rebel, then I’m afraid I will meet you in Tephra for our duel. I promise to heal any wounds you might receive, regardless of the outcome. I’m sorry we have to meet this way,” he says, his voice soft and almost unheard over the waves. But Vulgaris remains unimpressed and more annoyed than seemingly anything, head held high as he watches them with what little patience remains for impudent children.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me