• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i fear rivers overflowing; Starsin
    “No,” Lepis replies with a shake of her head and a soft laugh that feels almost normal. “No point getting riled up so late at night. Waste of my breath anyway.” Only the faint pull of dried tears on her face remind her, and the fact that her light-hearted tone feels like it belongs to another woman. She sounds like someone whose world is whole. She might have kept it up, had Starsin not continued to speak, kept a solid wall between herself and the outside world.

Wolfbane’s name pains her, but it is barely a scratch compared to the casual way she speaks of Ophanim. She loves him, Lepis knows; one does not speak of a husband they dislike in that fashion. The dun mare tries to smile, and is grateful for the long shadows across her face and the moon behind her.

“He should,” Lepis answers, “But he is gone.”

The words sound cryptic, she thinks, but it is difficult to say more around the hard knot in her throat.

“I told him to go,” The dun mare manages to add, but only because she can’t stand the idea of Starsin thinking less of him for leaving. She had been the one to send him away, after all; he was only doing what she asked. She’d let herself think he’d argue, but it was her old husband who would have done that, not this creature that had arrived after months away, wearing his skin. She does not know the man who returned her only this past morning, and who had left before the sun had fully set.

The dawn that will come soon will find him elsewhere, and though she wonders where he might be – in Loess with Castile? Or perhaps with Vulgaris or Litotes? It never occurs to her that he might seek out comfort in someone other than those three: who else could even tolerate the creature he seems to have become? Her laughing partner was gone, absent in those cold emerald eyes, his affable nature replaced by something sick and alien.

@[Starsin]
    my computer won’t turn on so you get a phone post!

Messages In This Thread
    i fear rivers overflowing; Starsin - by Lepis - 10-22-2019, 03:17 PM
    RE: i fear rivers overflowing; Starsin - by Lepis - 10-23-2019, 10:47 AM
    RE: i fear rivers overflowing; Starsin - by Lepis - 10-25-2019, 02:38 PM
    RE: i fear rivers overflowing; Starsin - by Lepis - 10-29-2019, 04:06 PM
    RE: i fear rivers overflowing; Starsin - by Lepis - 11-06-2019, 01:01 PM