• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A new wave;
    Nilam
    Her world should be cold and dark and beautiful; and yet it is only one of those things. Deep inside, the filly knows that her home is not the land, but the sea; as much as her mother likes to claim otherwise.

The more than beautiful yearling isn’t entirely stupid. It is simply… more logical to do what her instincts tell her than, especially now that she’s developing into a teenager, and especially… with the opportunity of her mother leaving her and her siblings alone to fend for themselves.

The small island - for the mass of land is indeed very small - does not satisfy the sapphire girl. She had milk, true; but that source had depleted once she’d bitten her mom too many a time. And to her dissatisfaction, Carwyn had not had quite enough of it either. Her siblings were in her way.

Her teeth were not made for milk or plants; she’d tried seaweed but it wasn’t right. She tried birds and got feathers stuck in her teeth. She tried little lizards and found them edible enough; she wanted fish, or perhaps…

She looked around the beach, but so far the day went on like it always had - boring and rather hopeless. She was the prettiest of the three and she couldn’t even see herself; annoyed by this fact, she tolerated her siblings so that at least someone tolerable to look at, was around. But they had minds of their own, and at their age, started to get on her bad side now and then.

So, she turns her gaze towards the sea once more, wondering if now that her mother wasn’t watching, she could try swimming for the first time in her life.
    there is no new wave
    only the sea

@[Shelbi] @[Nyxistaken] @[SecondChances]
    First come first serve lol
    I will make more starters or I can reuse this one but for now I could only write one (:
    got my head in the clouds
    and i'm not coming down
    She doesn’t long for the open waters like so many others do that call it home. Her brother and mother are fond of the sea and all the wonders it has to offer. Loire feels something different—something above the land and sea feels more home than anything. But with no wings like the island parrots, she doesn’t know how she could ever truly get up there.

A simple mystery on its own, but the young filly doesn’t ponder on such philosophies of life just yet. Her world is still simple. Loire only knows the beauty of the world and the wonders that are all around her. She loves the beauty of the tropical island, the parrots that fly (especially when Aeolus catches some of them for her to get a closer look at), and swimming in the northern lake with the biggest waterfall ever.

Today though she wants to explore the beach and see where the sky and ocean meet. With a quick pace, Loire moves gracefully across the pristine beach. The filly is naturally beautiful, likely inheriting her mother’s beauty, as she appears to be almost a pristine white with golden tips. Her body is finely shaped, appearing small, but there are signs showing her genes are beginning to favor more of her warmblood breed. There is also a soft glow around her, almost appearing like a visible aura of light around her.

Her golden gaze glances around the beach as she makes her way along the shore, where the waves barely touch against her hooves. Immediately, Loire catches sight of the sapphire blue girl in the distance. A friendly smile instantly grows across her soft lips as excitement fills every bone and muscle in her body. She couldn’t help but wonder who this girl was—she was definitely very pretty!

“Hello there!” Loire calls out to the sapphire girl. Exhilaration appears on every each of her soft cream-colored face. “I’m Loire. What’s your name?” She asks as she comes to a stop in front of the pretty colored girl.
    Loire
    the windwalker

@[Nilam]
    [Image: DB1FUlg.png]
    (pixel via bronzehalo)
    Nilam
    Her longing gets interrupted by a pretty cream coloured girl, though of course, no-one is ever as pretty as Nilam herself. The scaled filly tilts her head at this new find, blinks curiously at her, then displays a smile with her elongated kelpie jaw that is both the most charming smile ever (her beauty magically enhanced), as well as perhaps a warning to those of a strong mindset that might see through the magical illusion or just a pretty girl.

”Nilam!” she answers, her horse-tail swishing with excitement. Finally someone to play with who’s not a sibling. Her brothers might be all big and grown and such (not Cal, of course; her triplets don’t count), but they are pretty boring for the kelpie-born child.

This girl though, seems to have come from the larger island, where she might be able to go by water in high tides and by land on lower tides. So many sandbanks… honestly Nilam doesn’t enjoy all of them, except when some dumb fish can be seen getting stuck on top of one during a change of tides. It’s a fun struggle to watch, though the meal following it is somewhat too easy, and so she normally isn’t entertained very long by those.

”Are you a swimmer, or a walker?” the sapphire dun filly asks her new companion for the day. There are all kinds of shifters on these islands, mostly water-related, so Nilam is pretty curious - hoping for the first, her gold-flecked blue eyes peer at the newcomer with interest.
    there is no new wave
    only the sea

@[Loire]
    and i'm not coming down
    Loire’s eyes instantly widen with fright at the sight of the sapphire girl’s smile, revealing a long line of sharp teeth. Her mother would have called those shark teeth instantly, but she instantly forgets such information. Quickly as her fear had come it is gone. Her eyes gleam with delight once more, immediately pulling into the magical spell that the sapphire girl puts on with her beauty.

“It’s nice to meet you, Nilam.” She says warmly. The pristine filly cannot take her eyes off the charming smile that the sapphire girl wears. It was clearly distracting (something Loire obviously doesn’t catch onto). “You have a beautiful smile, Nilam. I have never seen any teeth like yours before. They almost look like the pearls my mom told me about.” Loire loved the pearls her mother brought her sometimes as a gift.

A soft and pleasant laugh escapes through her lips at Nilam’s question. “I’m a walker I guess you could say,” she says. Loire has been asked time and time again if she was a swimmer. She was one of the rare residents of Ischia that did not call the water their home. “My brother and mother are swimmers though. They taught me how to swim. I can swim pretty well in the swallow areas, but I’m not really a great swimmer in the deeper areas.” The filly rolls her shoulders at her statement. She never thought it was a big deal to be a good swimmer. The land was just as fun too. “Are you a swimmer?” She asks tilting her head, instantly drawn to focus the topic once more onto the sapphire girl.
    Loire
    the windwalker

@[Nilam]
    (pixel via bronzehalo)
    Nilam
    The kelpie princess is rather pleased with her new toy - eh, playmate. Loire is easy to talk to, and although there was a half-second of doubt visible in her wide prey-eyes, she falls easily under the kelpie’s spell. And Nilam - well she likes walkers better, for food purposes anyway. The swimmers breathe underwater, but this girl won’t. The sapphire girl wonders how long it will be, before one stops breathing altogether.

But she should not count this a win yet.

Still, what happens next is even more convenient. ”Yes, I swim. I can teach you about the depths, if you want. It’s far prettier underwater there.” She moves forward just a bit, stretching out her elongated nose in a movement similar to horses greeting one another - but if she managed to make contact, she know that he subconscious wanting of the girl to say yes, to follow, will be obeyed.
    there is no new wave
    only the sea

@[Loire]
    and i'm not coming down
    Her golden eyes light up quickly with excitement. “You can!?” She asks with a slight leap in the air at the sapphire girl’s offer. Loire had never imagined learning more about the deeper areas of the ocean. Her brother always told her all sorts of stories, but not once did he ever offer to teach her how to swim underwater. If Aeolus could do it, why couldn’t she? Loire knew she could breathe a little bit for a time underwater. Maybe Nilam had a couple tricks up her sleeve that she could teach Lore.

When Nilam offers her elongated nose to her, the pristine filly offers hers in return. She instantly feels warmth against the sapphire girl’s nose, which brings a bigger smile to her features. Today was the greatest day! She made a new friend. However, she has no idea that she has already sealed her fate into the hands of the kelpie princess.

“Yes, Nilam!” She says pulling her nose away from the other filly. “I would love to see more under the water. Loire quickly bolts towards the edge of the beach where the waves lap and coat white sand. She imagines for a moment what it would be like. All the pretty shells and fish she will see come to her mind quickly. Loire steps a few paces into the ocean. She turns back to Nilam. “What are you waiting for?” The girl calls back with the widest smile she has ever worn.
    Loire
    the windwalker

@[Nilam]
    (pixel via bronzehalo)
    Nilam
    Loire is... cute. And much more willing than any of her siblings so far. Perhaps the girl is not as boring as them, and perhaps that is why the kelpie starts to wonder if it would be better to drown and eat her today, or if it would be fun to see how far she could go - how often the creamy filly might return.

It has yet to be decided.

Nevertheless, she thinks she might not have needed the little bit of hypnosis to get the girl to come with; over-enthusiastic as she is, Nilam thinks it's quite adorable the way she runs towards the water, and naturally, the kelpie girl follows easily. "Take a deep breath, and hold on to my mane." she instructs the other girl. Then, when she is obeyed as naturally as a kelpie is obeyed when having a willing follower-victim, she lunges for the deep.

Her hind changes when her dock comes fully emerged in the water, exchanging hind legs and tail for a swifter mermaid-tail, which propels her forwards far into the deep, deeper than Loire might have wanted to go - deeper than she should ever go, because she was unlikely to make it up before needing a new breath, before her lungs burst out the remaining air and start sucking in the sea instead of the air - but it's not that time yet.

For now, Nilam pulls the cream and gold filly down towards the bottom, where indeed it is really beautiful.

Loire's gold and cream body would make a lovely addition to the fish and shells, the kelpie muses. Sadly she doesn't think the girl will be well-preserved for very long.
    there is no new wave
    only the sea

@[Loire] let me know if it needs changing; I'm thinking maybe she'll get her back up unconscious or rewind time a bit, then probably hypnotize her in some sort of 'you didn't see me' thing. I think that'll leave you with her being afraid of the waters without knowing why?
    and i'm not coming down
    Her wide smile remains on her lips when the sapphire kelpie princess joins her. The filly jolts with excitement as her new sea friend instructs her to take hold of her mane. Loire doesn’t hesitate, she quickly grasps tightly onto the girl’s mane, not even questioning the reality of how the other girl can carry both into the water. She was just too excited see the deep part of the sea.

“Let’s go!” She shouts with enthusiasm. The pristine filly takes a deep breath as they emerge into the depths of the water. Her eyes beam with wonder and excitement the further they go down. It was glorious down here! All the beautiful colorful shells and tropical fish she never knew existed. Everyone of them she loved dearly. Loire for a moment wished she could be a sea horse like her family and her new friend.

Nilam merges further down to the bottom of the ocean. The light from the sun above is slowly diming, but she doesn’t realize that it might be too deep for her swim back up and get some air. Her mind is entirely focused on all the pretty fish, and even Nilam’s new fin she hadn’t notice until now.

It isn’t until she finds her lungs gasping for air that she snaps out of her trance of excitement. The thrill of coming into the deep sea disappears instantly. Her mouth opens, and she gasps for air, but she swallows only water. Loire’s eyes widen with alarm and she lets go of the kelpie princess’ mane. Choking hard, she swallows more water, gasping again for more air. She kicks her limbs, trying to push herself up to the surface of water, but it was no use.

She kicks again, with every strength she has left in her, but it does nothing. Her attempts only send her floating to the right and left, and she begins to slowly sink to the bottom, deeper into the darkness. Quickly, her eyes dart as they search for Nilam. When she finds the sapphire girl, her eyes plead for her to help her, they beg for her to save her.

“Help me!” She screams.

With another cough, she swallows more water. Her vision goes black, her body becomes limp, and she becomes unconscious. Slowly, she floats deeper to the bottom.
    Loire
    the windwalker

@[Nilam]
    (pixel via bronzehalo)
    Nilam
    Her nature gives her no reason to doubt. She is a monster, a predator, and she has every right to lure the pretty, innocent, and most of all naive girl into her sea.

But Loire is her only friend.

Something inexplicably weird happens as she watches the girl choke in the darker part of the sea. Part of her enjoys the sight of a fresh meal, though it is disappointed with the lack of a fight. And yet there is a part of her that is sad that she will never see Loire again. She is good enough on the eyes, which Nilam cannot say about many other horses, and she was pleasantly impressed with the kelpie princess, treated her with the amount of respect her beauty deserves.

And as the girl chokes, Nilam makes a rash decision.

In heartbeats, Loire’s body is pushed up to a cove on the Ischian beach. The creamy girl’s lungs no longer move, and time plays differently - un-choking just a tiny bit, Loire is still alive and gasping for air again, and the kelpie girl touches her with her nose, her unspoken command following her words shortly. ”You went too deep into the water, Loire.” I saved you, but barely. ”Never do that again.” I am not important. You don’t know me. Deep water is dangerous. Stay away.

Leaving the gasping girl on the sands, the sapphire princess slips into the water.m. There’s plenty of fish in the sea to ensnare.
    there is no new wave
    only the sea

@[Loire] sorry it’s so late! Let me know if you want anything changed.