• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    The waves of the ocean gently crash against the white sand shore. Eva stands facing the open body of water, watching the world of water expand into the horizon. It was a world of oceans and seas that she once had believed was only hers. It was a childhood dream—a simple thought her imagination ran wild with.

She had been a daughter of the sea, a life of freedom that it had given her. The amethyst nereid wonders what her life would have been like if things had been different. With a soft touch, she feels the water pool around her sunken hooves into the pristine sand. It is cold against her limbs, and she glances down staring at the sand beneath her as the water is pulled back out into the ocean.

A faded memory comes to her, a time she does not dwell on rarely, when the world had been new to her. The sound of hoarse breathing, a bone-stained beach, and a roaring storm behind her. She can see it clearly now. The finer details of the memory come quickly. The outline of the winged mare that whispered her name, the ocean pulling her away from the graveyard, and then making her a daughter of the sea.

Eva blinks, pulling herself away from the memory as quickly as it had come. Her golden gaze lifts from her hooves and looks towards where the ocean and the sky meet. She inhales deeply, feeling a crisp wind pick up from the south and gently caress her. Thoughts fill her mind now, the nereid wonders what the future will hold for her and all of Ischia.
    Eva
    dame of ischia

@[Aquaria]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    It had been a commotion they'd gone through. A tense and near-violent interlude that had ended in surprising success. The island was still theirs, still home, and despite their King's dark promises, they had managed to keep Ischia as she should be. A beautiful oasis away from the chaos that had so nearly touched them. 

It felt like victory, and it felt temporary. Nothing lasted forever, after all. As much as she wished it would. But she, and the others, they seemed united in their desire to keep their homeland safe. That's what mattered, wasn't it? The world had gotten so much more complicated in such a small time, and the pearl nereid's head spun with it all. It was frightening and exhilarating and she wasn't at all certain she liked it. 

The scaled woman walked along the shore, deep in her own thoughts, when the vivid purple of her newly ordained leader leapt from the landscape. Eva, looking as contemplative as she herself felt, feet being washed by the water. 

It was an easy decision, to alter her path slightly, until her steps left her by Eva's side. They shared the view of the water, even if it meant something different to both. "Congratulations, sister. How are you, after that madness?" She offered, smiling faintly in the sea mist. On her role as a leader, on the way she has handled herself. Eva had been graceful throughout the proceedings. Aquaria had not been so successful in her bearings. 

"I suppose I should apologize. I do not think I made any of that easier on you. But I am satisfied with our result, and I promise to hold my tongue better in the future." She mused aloud, knowing that things could certainly have gone worse, for all of them. Still, it was a rueful grin she bore now. There were things she could learn from both Eva and Adria in the ways of politics. This event had shown her exactly how naive she was on the topic. 

@[Eva]
    Diving deeper into her state of rumination, she forgets about the world around her. It wasn’t until the wind gave indication of someone coming her way when the familiar scent riding on the breeze filled her nostrils. Eva blinks, focusing once more back on where the ocean and sky expand together to what felt like perpetual.

Turning her head at the sound of approaching hooves, she regards Aquaria for a moment with a blank expression. A soft smile touches her lips as the finned mare joins her. Eva turns back to face the open sea. Her ear flickers in the direction at the mention of congratulations. The nereid considers the current events that have recently passed.

It had all changed so quickly. She had risked everything when coming to the meeting and standing before everyone. Part of her knew she could have lost it all—her temper sometimes could be short, especially when she was feeling threaten. Thankfully, in the end everything had turned out well. Eva had not expected the result to happen. She had thought during the proceedings that Vulgaris would have lashed out more, but it seemed during it all he had a change of heart. But what changed it all? She muses considering she now feels there is a divide between their two lands.

A thought for another time, she thinks lightly as she turns her attention towards Aquaria’s first question. “I am well,” she says softly. There is confidence in her words though despite her previous contemplative state before. “My heart does not feel so heavy anymore. I suppose a celebration should be in order considering everything has turned out well.” Unexpectedly, she would like to add but does not. It was only a small step towards settling the uncertainty that had erupted in their quiet paradise.

Eva laughs softly at Aquaria’s apology. “There is nothing to be sorry for, Aquaria.” The thought of her starfish comes to mind now. “If you had held your tongue and not spoke what your heart felt the outcome would have been different. It is I who should be thanking you for that.” She glances to Aquaria for a moment, a warm smile spreading across her purple tinted lips. “So, thank you for everything you have done.” Eva would want everyone to speak their heart on such matters. Sometimes it was necessary, especially the situation that would have change everything their home was. “Promise me you will never hold your tongue,” she adds because she realizes she needed someone like Aquaria to help her through whatever would come their way now that she has taken leadership over Ischia.
    Eva
    dame of ischia

@[Aquaria]
    Aquaria felt the tension ease from her shoulders as they spoke, the serenity of the sea and the gentle nature of her friend uniting like a comforting shell around her. Everything would be alright. Things were already on their way to returning to normal, so she shouldn't be worrying about the "what if's". No point wasting the energy on them.

In her subtle way, Eva seemed just as happy as Aquaria felt about the results of the last few days. The burden of leadership was not so great here, not when it only extended to their own family and friends. That was the point, wasn't it? That they didn't need to worry about the concerns of the world at large. Not until it came knocking. 

She rested her head companionably on the amethyst mare's withers, pulling small locks of red-orange-yellow hair through her teeth and rubbing her teeth against the muscles of her crest. It had been a long few days, and she figured her friend must be just as wore out as the rest of them. Eva's reaction to her apology elicited a bright laugh from the pearl mare. 

"Oh, well, if that's what you want from me. I'm sure that will be a much easier promise to keep." She grinned easily, smoothing another patch of the woman's hair, settling the shells that clung there to rights. "I promise I won't keep my thoughts to myself. Just remember that you asked for this!" She jabbed lightheartedly. Knowing herself, it was all too easy a promise to keep. One she might regret later, yeah, but that was a worry for the future. 

Teeth clicking against a smooth scallop shell, she nosed it back in place, smiling at her handiwork. Eva was a beautiful mare, and could stand out in any crowd. She would be a credit to them all as Dame. Stepping back now that she was finished, she smiled again at the flowing water that ran before them. "You know," she began, drawing back on the earlier subject. "A celebration isn't a bad idea. We could have a party, in your and the island's honor. It would be fun!" She could already imagine the beautiful island, the laughing voices and new friends being made. They could invite the Taigan's, and anyone else who would enjoy a night of revelry in their tropic paradise. 

@[Eva]
    Eva smile spreads just a little more at the warmth of the pearl mare’s touches. There was something deeply comforting knowing now she now had a good friend among those that called Ischia home. Aquaria had quickly become someone she should count upon. Its surprised Eva even more knowing she was not entirely alone with sharing similar values and desires for what Ischia should be.

A soft laughs escapes through her soft purple tinted lips at the pearl mare’s words. “Oh, I definitely won’t forget!” She says as her smile turns into an amused grin. Aquaria was the kind of horse everyone needed within their home. Fighters who were not afraid to speak up when those that came to disrupt their peace. The purple nereid was not angry about what had happened. She was more disappoint on how it all had unfolded—she at least found out there was more than a tyrant under the king of Tephra.

However, there was more she needed to learn about Tephra. Even the outside world was something she was going to have to be considering. A time for all things, but the season now was of celebration.

She turns her gaze at the earlier subject being brought up again. A celebration of sorts? Eva smiled instantly at the idea. It could be fun. It definitely could ease up the tension that had come to their island. “That sounds like a marvelous idea, Aquaria.” Eva never had attended a party or sort of celebration before, her mind cannot help but wonder what sort of excitement it will have. She knows the children of the island would love it as much too. “Any ideas you have in mind?” Eva asks with a wide smile.
    Eva
    dame of ischia

@[Aquaria]
    There pair shared a smile, happy to be together in a place that meant so much to them both. They had their home, and sweet Eva would be an asset and a kindness at their helm. It was wonderful to have each other's back when the world seemed so intent on tearing itself apart. 

Let them enjoy life, and the wonders it offered them. This was a place of peace and beauty, something they had seen to keeping true. Together, they could face what the rest of the world had to show them. Why not enjoy themselves while they were at it? 

"Oh, I dunno," she laughed, stepping back to prance a delicate pirouette in the sand. "We could have games for the kids, races and swimming and coconut rolls." She grinned at the idea of a flock of foals running amuck on the shore. It would be madness, wonderful madness. "And I figure the adults would be fine with some socializing, good food. Maybe a couple races for them as well. We could make a pool on the beach for the ones who can't swim so well." She suggested, really getting into the idea now. 

Her dancing came to a graceful halt, a full circle cast in the sand beneath her. "We should use this. To show the world what we are. Horses from any kingdom should be welcome, as long as they can be peaceful and enjoy themselves." She said, in more thoughtful tone. Maybe it was idealistic of her, but she wanted to believe that this could work. That they could stay apart. But why not try? 

@[Eva]
    It was a delight for Eva to see a natural excitement fill the pearl mare. The idea of throwing a celebration on their tropical island was beginning to fill her with the same excitement as Aquaria had now.

Listening with purple ears forward, Eva has a wild smile grow across her purple lips. Every idea that Aquaria offered sounded like so much fun. She even liked the idea of joining in the games too! Of course, no one was ever too old to play a few games. “All those ideas sound so grand, Aquaria!” She chimed in before listening further to what the pearl mare had to say.

“There might be just too much fun at our celebration!” The amethyst nereid laughs. She can already see it now. Everyone from all over gathered on Ischia enjoying the warmth and activities. It would be wonderful considering the winter season was upon them. Surely many would want to come and enjoy the warmth that Ischia offered—a perfect get away!

It definitely was a great way to let the rest of Beqanna know who they were. She would like everyone to know that Ischia was a place of serenity and all were welcomed here. “Let’s get to it then!” She offers with a bright and wide smile. Her heart beams with exhilaration to get the celebration going now.
    Eva
    dame of ischia

@[Aquaria]