• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam
    the rain that falls upon your skin
    it's closer than my hands have been

The resort is doing well, he shares, and then drops something far more salacious. And interesting situation, he says. A delicate one. Lepis’s dark-rimmed ears prick curiously, and even when he continues to answer the question that she’d posed, the Comtesse knows that this is a subject she would dearly love to return to. 

“Dragons don’t inspire much trust,” Lepis replies, her navy lips quirked up in a soft smile. Even she, raised in a nest of them, hesitates still. They are monsters, after all, beasts despite their (sometimes) gentle natures. Castile’s gentle nature is certainly well-shielded; that he has not shown his softer heart to this man who admires Sinner and Mary comes as no surprise.

“They mutinied, you know?” She says, watching the pale stallion. “Sinner and Mary, I mean. They rebelled against Loess, sided with the Tephrans, even after all Castile had done for them.” such was the nature of Sylvans, Lepis thinks, the autumnal forest and its taint would best serve Beqanna by burning to the ground. “And yet Castile forgave Mary, even trusts her on diplomatic missions, if what I hear is true.” A rumor, one that Mary had been seen speaking with the Tephran leaders, but one that if true might help show the truth of the matter.

“I am biased, perhaps, having been raised by the man.” The pegasus shrugs her winged shoulders, acknowledging this with a small smile. “And while he might deserve his draconic reputation, there is more to him that fire and claw. I trust him enough to try and separate Taiga from Nerine in favor of tighter relations with Loess.” Another shrug, speaking of her own mutiny without difficulty. Of course, she hasn’t sided against Nerine in war, but rather asked  - politely, even, Lepis thinks – for the freedom to act in her forested home’s best interest.

“I must admit though, you piqued my interest earlier. What is this delicate situation with Tephra you speak of?”

@[Ruinam]

lepis, comtesse of taiga
    queen of loess
    | queen of sylva | queen of the south
    lover of wolfbane | mother of pteron, marni, tiercal, eyas, gale, celina, and elio

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 10-26-2019, 12:42 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-08-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 11-08-2019, 10:11 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-12-2019, 12:20 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 11-12-2019, 03:01 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-20-2019, 10:59 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 11-22-2019, 10:57 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-26-2019, 02:16 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 12-06-2019, 10:03 AM