• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  between the lines of fear and blame; anyone
    At first he does not see her well, just a shifting bit of pastel against the lush green undergrowth. Good camouflage for this place, he thinks to himself, and then wonders why he considers that good. Somewhere, tickling at the back of his mind is a memory. It will vanish if he reaches for it, the brindle knows, so instead he leaves it lie and focuses instead on the yearling filly drawing near.

Though he cannot be quite sure how old he is, she does not seem many years younger. Still a child, but friendly and with a smile that brings a matching one to his mouth.

“Hello Divest,” he replies, bobbing his head in greeting without wondering how he knows that is the polite thing to do. “You can call me Blue. ”

It’s the name he had chosen in the Field, an apt description of himself if nothing else. It hadn’t seemed too outlandish a name, and it was far better than admitting that he did not have one. Or at least that he does not remember having one.

“I think I’m going to live here.” He tells her, recalling that Castile had implied that this place was nearly empty save the friendly Ruinam. Divest is here though, and young enough that he thinks her mother must be as well. “Are you Ruinam’s daughter?” He asks curiously. They are both pale, after all, and perhaps if her mother were some shade of emerald green then Ruinam as her sire would make sense.

@[Divest]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame; anyone - by Gale - 10-30-2019, 08:10 AM