• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  Día de Muertos - round 2
    It was a beautiful thing, the shimmering crack between worlds, it seemed as though the light from her world crinkled against the heaviness of the after world. The rays cracking and splitting, vanishing into the darkness of the veil. The soft spoken, ghostly girl came to them, her edges blurred against the backdrop of death. She told them, though Lethy could not help that she was talking to her directly, that she had loved and lost. A small tear slipped from the corner of Lethy's eye, the colors of this world splitting off like the ones that adorned the veil.

The girl tells them how the reason she is able to be here now is because the veil is thin, and that if they so choose walking across the crack between worlds would allow the whole of Beqanna to communicate with their loved ones on certain days. This information alone, whether Lethy succeeded in the quest or not, was enough to send the amethyst eyed mother into the other side - into the world of the dead.

When she crossed the divide Lethy's eyes and nostrils widened in pleasant surprise. The temperature had dropped only a few degrees, enough to make the difference noticeable but still pleasant. She let out a breath she had not realized she had been holding, the sudden blow of air tickling the small, blue forget me knot still grasped between her velvet lips. The flower seemed brighter here, almost glowing in beauty amongst the dulled backdrop.

As her eyes scanned her surroundings her head cocked to the side. The beach she stood upon was littered with black, crystalized sand. The horizon looked like a frozen sunset, hazed by a gentle, shadowy fog. The view struck awe and loneliness inside of her heart in one quick instant. She came to realize in that moment that though the view of this world and the physical body might be lulled by the prospect of death that the emotions here were received in ten fold.

Before she could ponder such things though, a blue forget me knot sprung to life in front of her a few yards off. Much like the one tucked safely in her mouth it glowed a precarious hue as it curled and lifted towards the sky. The flower bent and swayed as if a soft breeze danced through the air, but as Lethy lifted her face towards the muted sky she nodded in affirmation that there was no movement.

Without a moment's hesitation, she began walking towards the flower, and then the one after that, and the one after that. They sprang to life as if they belonged there all along. They lead her to a stagnant river, her legs dragging as if time where as slow as the syrup that dripped from the trees back home. It lay as still as death itself, as still as her daughters face had been at birth. Lethy's ears, eyes, and head searched her surroundings, no more flowers. Her brow crinkled as the feeling of disappointment and heartbreak overcame her.

"Mama, is that you?" Came a thick, gentle voice. Her daughter stood beside her, created from nothing like the flowers that led her here. The tears flowed without restraint as she turned to settle soft eyes upon the daughter she never got to meet. If she had been anywhere else, if she had traveled to any other world, she would have never believed the sight before her. The blue and buckskin girl was her daughter! Lost to death before life could even be had.

Lethy gave an audible gasp of phantom air as she let out a sob while bending down to run her muzzle along the girls cheek. The forget me knot still nestled between her lips quivered with her cries as she spoke between lips occupied. "My beautiful girl. I have prayed every day for this moment." The small girl leaned into her mother softly breathing in her scent deeply and those of her brothers and sisters she would never get to meet. "Mama don't cry, I'm here to help you. I was always here to help you, and Owin, and Popinjay, and Kalil, and now Orion. Do not blame yourself for what happened. You are the most amazing mother."

Lethy looked into her daughter's eyes, deep purple like hers, while her face was dipped in the blue of her fathers. "You are perfect." she said softly before nodding to the girls words. How will she be able to leave this place once the quest was over, away from her eldest daughter.
    IMG-20190524-092123-677