• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

must have been the wind; leilan
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    She might be… easy. Easy to scare, easy to manipulate, easy to reign over. Easy to mingle with other horses, too. He blinks at her as she goes through several thoughts, each more or less scolding herself some more, some extra, after he did. A change of stance. A sigh. Acceptance, no rebellion. Lacks a certain spark in the first instance they meet.

Prey animal.

The conclusion is instantly drawn. It’s nothing new, nothing she should be ashamed of: lots of horses have this instinct. Mares more easily, as long as they are alone and not with someone they need to protect. The icedrake-male had been with them so long, he knew exactly what signs to look for. Nerine had been full of strong women - but mostly in the way of protecting others, not so much themselves. Had they perhaps evolved that way, he wonders. Group protection. Herds.

But he had been changed and challenged over and over again. Finding himself had not been easy; in the end he’d given up knowing that some events would trigger different emotions and even more different reactions. So, it was a way of existing that not many horses could handle.

Then again he wasn’t fully a horse anymore.
    A predator.

As she speaks up, apologizing, he just looks at her blankly, acknowledging that she spoke with a minor nod. Her smile is a little weak, but at least she tries, he supposes. Then asks a few questions. The first one is easy. ”Depends on the length of this meeting.” A twinkle in his colourchanging eye reveals the green tint to be something humorous, although not all pick up on it the first time they see it.

He’s impressive. She’s impressed. Not with beauty, but with the potential danger; iced-over scales, gleaming teeth and eyes, and that in the twilight of the near-dawn. He stands as they both look eachother over, yet tilts his head at her questions about Hyaline. ”Left it just three days ago.” Was that all it took to visit Loess and the meadow? It sounds about right, anyway.

”What’s with Hyaline? You live here in the Taiga, obviously.” he counters.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[lilliana]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 10-28-2019, 09:10 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 10-29-2019, 02:41 AM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 10-30-2019, 09:21 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-03-2019, 06:22 AM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-03-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-05-2019, 12:29 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-07-2019, 09:28 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-10-2019, 01:55 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-15-2019, 09:02 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-19-2019, 03:04 AM