• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
    [private]  Don’t want you to think that I care; Jesla
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    The icy cold of the north feels like a welcome home party, and yet he felt the need to build a shelter between larger rocks, dragon-ice blown between crevices until they were large enough to function as ice walls and an overhanging roof. He is not fazed by the cold, but that doesn’t mean he enjoys being snowed in or occasionally hailed upon; furthermore he remembers why he is here, and if his construction serves as an example for others, or if they can find a refuge up here, then he reasons he has helped them.

Little does he know how much he’ll need it in the coming months; a foal on his doorstep would soon change everything.

For now though, he ventured from the lake towards the forest on a daily basis, the exercise keeping him from getting too bored, as well as the walk being a means to find food. Life on the Isle was a rhythm he had not lost over the span of a few years (oh, how old did he sound now), and soon his patrols back and forth get noticed.

Coming to the lake again to take a drink, he wonders if one of the foxes had been Jesper yet, or if otherwise someone had told him already about the “stranger” who crossed the Isle on a daily basis.

Leilan however, stays put. He doesn’t mind not being approached, used to the mountaintops of Hyaline and looking scary enough in the meadow to foals, that none would approach. Truthfully, he had kind of discouraged their game of ‘who dares to come closest’ with a sharp-toothed snarl and a direct, hungry stare. Children’s games weren’t his strong suit since finding out about his wife leaving.

Speaking of, a yearling now approaches; the girl of black, white and mint surprises him by being here at all. He saw her movement from far away, of course, but he just hadn’t really expected such a young one on the Isle, he supposes.

Something about her is familiar, but it’s when she speaks - the way her voice sounds having naught to do with it - that he recognizes her for what she is. He is reminded of Trekori: how easily he was recognized simply for his name.

”I’m Leilan. I guess you could say I live here.” He gestures to the shelter, hardly visible to her at this distance he expects, but perhaps now that she is pointed to it she might. ”How are your parents doing? I haven’t spoken to them for a while.”

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Jesla]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Don’t want you to think that I care; Jesla - by Leilan - 11-27-2019, 02:05 AM