• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hurry, the sun is waking - Vul/Leli/Isilya/any
    Ilma
    One night I will be the moon
    hanging over you

One night I will be a star
    follow where you are
    Winter was not the season for travel; especially not when one is pregnant. But she does it anyway. Not because she is in dire need or because she thinks lightly of the circumstances - but because she knows that most other diplomats will wait for spring. And not only that; she heals and restores faster nowadays, a gift of fairy magic that she is ever grateful for.

Her round starts not with one of her destinations, though - it starts with visiting old acquaintances (she would consider them friends if it hadn’t been years since she’d last seen them - years and a war). It does, because it is in her direct route, because she needs a warm place to rest, because she wants to see her friends, and because… because one has to take a break when contractions start to ripple through their body.

He’s early, she thinks, but nevertheless she knows that Tephra has a certain grove, one Magnus showed her, that she will ask to use, now. Her other children had been born in the mountains of Hyaline; the pristine white of winter always lingering in spring. But she had changed and started a wholly new path - it was only fitting to now pick the warmer mountain, she mused.

She has a few hours still. So she waits at the border like a proper diplomat, and calls for them.
    Hurry, the sun is waking
    Darling, don't leave me waiting

Vulgaris/Leliana and/or another Tephran/diplomat who would like to thread

@[Isilya] I can move this slightly forward in time and maybe they can chat? ^^
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Isilya has recently discovered the marvel that is the border of lands. The transition from one landscape to another has always been a fun sort of fascination, but this time her interest extends past the plants that call to her. Sometimes, other horses wait on the border to be greeted! That means at any given time there might be a friend just standing there, waiting to be met! Isn’t that so wonderful? It certainly makes new friends a little easier to find since the jungle is so dense and sometimes Isilya can lose her way on the winding pathways.

On this day, a call rings out while Isilya is wandering near the border and it causes the gold-pointed mare to pick up her pace. Her favourite wisteria blooms are bright against her pale skin and they bounce a little against her as she moves. She had been patrolling, but certainly not in a ‘let’s keep an eye on these borders there might be trouble afoot’ way.

Just in a simple ‘who will I meet today!’ way.

And today, there’s a beautiful mare who Isilya thinks might have made the call. She hasn’t seen anyone else and it came from this general area. Instantly, her green-and-gold eyes are bright with a smile as she trots over. “Hello there! I’m Isilya, can I help you with anything?”

soft and sweet

art by azagus

@[Ilma]
    Ilma
    hanging over you

follow where you are
    Birth, she knows, is not far away but she still has a couple hours - experience with three others tells her this. She’d hoped to see Vulgaris, as she knew him from ages ago, from long before she even met Leliana. However, it’s not the pair who greets her, but a pleasant younger mare with flowers in her mane. It makes the ethereal-looking woman smile instantly, although it falls with a tightening and subsequent kick in her belly. ”Ah, excuse me for showing up like this. I was hoping to talk to Vulgaris, or Leliana perhaps? I was on my way to your islands, but it seems that my son is eager to see the world.”

She takes a breath as she looks the mare over, only then recognizing her face - from a near future, perhaps, but still. ”My name’s Ilma. It’s a pleasure to meet and congratulate you, as a new queen.” the white mare smiles happily, glad to have found someone of authority who will likely give her permission. ”If I may be so bold, I would like to talk while on our way to a certain grove. Magnus showed it to me once, and I think it should be quiet enough for my baby boy.” A more apologetic smile follows, knowing how much she asks, and shall ask, of the other mare.
    Hurry, the sun is waking

@[Isilya]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.

Her bright, golden smile falters at the mention of Vulgaris and Leliana, but it is only out of thoughtfulness. She’s not sure where those two are. She even misses the mention of this mare’s son being eager to see the world as she wonders out loud “Oh, I’m sure there around somewhere and I might be able to find them…”

And then her smile returns when the mare introduces herself as Ilma, and expresses her congratulations, but before a proper thank you can be said Ilma makes a request.

Isilya’s eyes widen in surprise when she catches on to Ilma’s meaning and she is quickly stepping back and gesturing for the mare to lead the way. “Oh my goodness of course, let’s go! If it is far, I can teleport us there to get to it faster but otherwise you are most welcome to come in to Tephra and head wherever you wish.”

Logically, Isilya knows that she had been born at one point - that it is something that many mares do in their lives - but she cannot remember even being so close to a pregnant mare, nevermind one that was about to give birth!

She certainly has a lot of questions but the only thing she says next as they move into the jungle is “Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help!”

soft and sweet

art by azagus

@[Ilma] so sorry for the wait!
    Ilma
    hanging over you

follow where you are
    Isilya is such a great personality. Some things Ilma knows beforehand, but decisions, spontaneity and a genuine caring kindness instead of perhaps a politeness don’t lend themselves for predictions. She is happy to have found out though, who this new queen is - the genuine kindness springs from her like a flower finally blooming after a long winter.

Ilma chuckles a bit at the offer. ”I don’t think I could tell you exactly where it is, but perhaps you can help me get along some crevices on the way.” She remembers the path isn’t exactly easy, nor easy to find. If Magnus had told no-one after Ilma, then no-one here might even know. But certainly Isilya should learn about its existence.

As it turns out, the thick vegetation proves difficult for a round-bellied mare like she to move along. Frequently she turns to ask Isilya for some assistance with navigating rocks, logs, or narrow passages, but eventually, her memory - combined with the intuition and insights she gets from watching the future - proves faithful enough to lead them into a grove.

Spring did it more justice than Ilma imagined it could have. Last time, she had visited in the winter, and although Tephra is warm and beautiful year-round, she now finds that the spring brought more voles and more flowers than even before. She tells Isilya as much. ”It’s even better than I remember.” she admits. Here, she thinks - her is a good place for an angel boy; announcements of which she had felt all day but were increasing in rapidity.

Sighing a little, she turns to her new friend. ”I wouldn’t mind if you wanted to stay, though I know not everybody is comfortable with watching. I think it is time.” A new contraction confirms this, but she stays where she is, perhaps, she thinks, she is still waiting for permission of some kind, even if she knows that’s sort of ridiculous - there is no stopping nature.
    Hurry, the sun is waking

@[Isilya]