• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

nice trees you've got here

My black eyes widen a little at the mention of ghosts and a small chill runs through me. I know she’s teasing me, but I do watch the fog a little more warily. I’m not scared of ghosts, I swear. I just have a healthy respect for their boundaries and never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever want to encounter one.

Fortunately, though, there are more wonderful things to talk about. Lilliana doesn’t offer much by way of what’s been going on with her which does not escape my notice, but if she does not wish to talk about it I’m not going to pester her. Yet. “Not as much of a wanderer! I’ve been staying in Ischia, which has no ghosts I’ll tell you right now.” I cast a sideways glance at the fog, hoping that any ghost there might not be offended by my talk, but there’s a lightness in my heart that makes even this jesting fade away. “I’m a father now.” The words are spoken with undeniable pride though still feel strange.

And I can’t pretend that thinking of my foals, who I love so damn much, doesn’t make me choke up a little bit.

The weight of those thoughts is so significant. I may be in denial about my fear of ghosts, but what I fear the most is returning to my life as a true wanderer - without a single friend, with only monsters for family. 

But now, my family is bigger - and less toothy - than I ever could have hoped. “Which means you’re an aunt, to a little boy and a girl - Donny and Millie.”

photo from unsplash

@[lilliana] I'm going to pretend it didn't take me two months to reply and hope that you still love me

Messages In This Thread
    nice trees you've got here - by Velkan - 11-04-2019, 10:37 AM
    RE: nice trees you've got here - by lilliana - 11-04-2019, 08:19 PM
    RE: nice trees you've got here - by Velkan - 11-11-2019, 06:04 PM
    RE: nice trees you've got here - by lilliana - 11-17-2019, 12:17 PM
    RE: nice trees you've got here - by Velkan - 01-18-2020, 04:49 PM
    RE: nice trees you've got here - by lilliana - 01-26-2020, 10:29 PM
    RE: nice trees you've got here - by Velkan - 01-31-2020, 09:00 PM
    RE: nice trees you've got here - by lilliana - 02-04-2020, 03:03 PM
    RE: nice trees you've got here - by Velkan - 02-14-2020, 05:26 PM
    RE: nice trees you've got here - by lilliana - 02-19-2020, 02:06 PM
    RE: nice trees you've got here - by Velkan - 03-03-2020, 09:23 PM