• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I don't feel anything until I smash it up

and your eyes are tired and hungry, waiting on a sunny day
    looking out the cloudy window at the never ending rain

She had to tread carefully for the frozen mud throbbed her nearly numb feet. Without the split toed glass hooves she typically wore, she could feel every dried branch, every dead acorn and how it ached! Merewen is unsure if she is more exhausted by picking her way through the deer trails of an unknown forest or just by avoiding sharp little pebbles.

Ungracefully, she moves till she is able to find a soft path of moss to ease her tired feet. The seaglass antlered mare is at least happy to have retained that of her kirin nature and it made her feel less vulnerable out in the wilds of this new land. Cold air fills her lungs, thankful it no longer burns, the sunlight illuminating the plume of ehr exhale and the clearness of her glass antlers.

Tap...tap, each hoof fall is deliberate abs slow as she winces with a gritted jaw through her pain. Ho did these horses survive? Did they all move in such awkward way as she? Would she ever grow used to this? Oh how she wished for her glass hooves and scales again!

Just ahead with less care, a stallion moves. Mere is on the downwind so it is unlikely he would notice the snow white mare but anything is possible. Pale green eyes observe the way he dip between shreds of sunlight, attempting to use thickened branches (though naked) as a cover and Mere wonders why he avoids the warm bars of light until he places something on the ground...

Merewen opens her mouth to call to the painted man but he is looking ahead...something someone is just beyond him. "Hello?" Her voice is filtered lightly from between her pale lips, ears lifted forward as she is unsure if the stallion or the other (they're too far to identify just yet) will answer...if they even would. Mere, nearly blinding with her white skin, appears harshly against the grey and brown of an empty forest. Plae green eyes are wide and watching, unknowing is she was interrupting something.

Merewen

but i’ve seen you light on fire, and I know you will again
    it’s just the way your heart is wired, just the way you’ve always been

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't feel anything until I smash it up - by Merewen - 11-04-2019, 07:10 PM