• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I don't feel anything until I smash it up

b e u l a h

Beulah was not lost.
    A welcome change in the little pink girl’s life.

Her sense of direction had improved, somewhat, with age but certainly wouldn’t win her any prizes.  She couldn’t explain it, but she felt so much more grown up after coming back from Atlantis.  She wasn’t sure if it was the experience as a whole, or the fact that she’d (sort of) flown for the first time - but she made her way through the thick forest without reservation.

It was nice that it wasn’t so dark, now. Lala had always been wary of the darkness - but she’d come back from Atlantis different.  Now the light never left her, which made the little pink girl happier than she could explain. Not only had it helped her conquer her fear - but it reminded her of her birth mother. It felt like she carried her mother with her now, and she could finally give up searching for her.

The forest was no longer daunting, and the little pink girl wove deftly through the trees. She was well practiced after calling Sylva home.  However something catches her eyes through the trees - so the angel-child changes paths immediately - wondering who else was wandering the woods in the snow.  What she finds is a tall black mare.  And she seems...confused? She must be confused, Lala thinks, for there are no footprints in the snow around the mare so she had to have been standing there awhile.

“Hi there! I’m Lala!” she pauses for only a moment - just long enough to suck in a breath - before she’s speaking again. “Are you lost? Can I help?” the little pink girl quips, as a small smile flickers across her lips.

Lala approaches from the opposite direction - so for a moment she doesn’t see the others.  It is only after she speaks that she catches movement out of the corner of her eye.  “Oh,” she breathes, equal parts surprised and abashed.  “Sorry I didn’t see you!” she quips, her gaze flickering to the other two. “I like your antlers!” she says to the pale mare. The antlers remind her of Atlantis, which brings a little smile to the pink girl’s lips.  Her gaze then flickers to the stallion. “And your markings!” she quips, happily, though she was entirely unwilling to admit that his markings were actually sort of scary.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't feel anything until I smash it up - by Beulah - 11-05-2019, 06:50 PM