• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I don't feel anything until I smash it up

b e u l a h

A giggle escapes the little pink girl’s lips at the black and white stallion’s joke.  “You can’t eat my wings, silly, I’ve only just figured out how to use them!”  It doesn’t register in Beulah’s mind that perhaps he hadn’t been kidding and perhaps he meant something more nefarious. The threat never registeres, so her attention immediately flickers back to the mare that’d drawn her attention in the first place.

“Ana,” she parrots, looking at the dark mare with a smile both on her lips and dancing in her eyes.  Nicknames were special to Lala. She very rarely used her given name in favor of her own nickname, and often gifted them to her friends. So that put Ana in good company, as far as Lala was concerned.  Others arrived, but Lala found herself utterly distracted by this mare. She seemed different somehow, but Lala couldn’t understand how or why. Not that it mattered. 

However, at her next words, the little pink girl’s brow furrows. Deserts.

”The only desert that I know of is Pangea. Is that what you’re looking for?” she asks, cocking her haloed head, hoping that she could be helpful to her new friend.  Lala was a creature of the new Beqanna.  She knew nothing of the old kingdoms or their allegiances.  New nothing of what had happened to transform Beqanna into what it is now.  Lala had never been to Pangea, if that was the place Ana was looking for, but at least she knew the way. 

“I don’t like the cold either,” she added, unhelpfully. It was almost as if she hadn’t realized just how cold it was until it was mentioned.  In response, she pulled her wings tighter to her sides and struggled to suppress a shiver.  However, she remained blissfully ignorant of the fact that the snow under Ana’s hooves had melted away.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't feel anything until I smash it up - by Beulah - 11-06-2019, 10:54 PM