• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  grey mist on the sea’s face & a grey dawn breaking
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    ”Friends are fickle,” he takes it upon himself to complete her thought, never intending for his voice to sound so brusque. Immediately, he recalls Vulgaris, Heartfire, and Litotes at his doorstep with fire in their eyes and poison on their tongues.  To see them, to witness the vehemence drooling from their mouths, pitted a bitterness in Castile’s heart that has since festered like a disease. His gaze darkens, flickering to an ominous black as he glances away. By the time Castile looks at her again, his eyes have reverted to their norm, although still hooded with mistrust. ”Yet... Despite everything, I’ve fortunately found a few worth keeping. Not all of them have seen me at my worst, but…” he trails off with a shrug that mirrors Oceane’s, wondering how they, and she, would react to such a sight. Lepis is wary despite the love between them and the everlasting trust that has been forged over the years. She is right in being cautious, but would Oceane be just as understanding or would she flee to preserve her safety?

In an attempt for lighthearted humor, he adds as a second thought, ”Let’s hope you never see me quite so angry.” That is when the creature lurking within him seizes its chance. As great of control as Castile has gained, there remains a lapse in his ability when his rage ultimately peaks and his better judgment slips beneath the abysmal depths.

It’s that same monster that takes careful note of the muscles tightening along her skin as Oceane gingerly cares for her wings. It intensifies his watchfulness as his gaze traces along her, admiring each gradient of color and how it catches the sunlight. I want to build that trust with you, she says, and an excitable heat races through him and seers his veins. ”Good,” he replies gruffly, savoring the closeness as they breathe each other in. Waves of excessive heat roll from his skin, blanketing across her as they stand mere inches apart, teasing one another without ever even trying. Is that what this heat is? This electricity? A primal want to claim what he already considers his own? Castile’s tongue is suddenly dry as he forces himself to swallow the lump of uncertainty in his throat.

He inches back then and turns his baroque head toward the distant mountain range, easing the fire broiling in his gut. ”Perhaps at some point, I can give you a territory to lead as you’d like, so long as we remain loyal to each other. Politics will surround you, then,” funny how they complement each other – one for war and the other for political endeavors. ”I know in due time, you will have a solidified place and job,” he pauses but then coolly remarks, ”I’m happy I decided follow my instincts when I saw you in the field.” He could have easily left her there, but an unearthly gravitational pull lured him just as it does now.

Like her, Castile clears his throat. His thoughts trace back to their origins, suppressing the instinctual claim he assumes to have on her.

Drawing in a breath, but still lopsidedly grinning like a young boy, he asks, ”And what, my dear Oceane, is your third and final wish?” His eyes glitter with mischievous curiosity as they roll toward her, searching her face carefully for an indication.

castile

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: grey mist on the sea’s face & a grey dawn breaking - by Castile - 12-09-2019, 02:47 PM