• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Paint the sky blue; Adria

winter wonderland

He steps onto the island, quickly releasing the air from his lungs, having felt as if he'd been holding onto it the whole swim over to the island, it feels relaxing, finally being able to breathe and unwind for a moment after everything that had happened, a moment of stillness filled with the scent of the jungle and the hum of the ocean that he enjoys before proceeding forward.

"She sells seashells by the seashore" he mumbles, even though things were turning out for the better, the ivory male still doubted himself, his nerves getting the better of him even after he had proven himself on countless occasions.
    His muscles still ache as he moves, the bruising on his left ribs a stinging reminder as he returns to the island that had started it all, though he feels no remorse, rather hope, a stinging that makes him move ever so slightly faster, taller and more confident, believing that he could still achieve his goal and bring the islands together.
    Though first, he needed to see Adria again, it had been too long since they last met and he needed her advice. He needed to see her, to know that everything was going to be alright.

"I have got a date at a quarter to eight; I’ll see you at the gate, so don’t be late" he mumbles again, a little less nervous now as he crosses the treeline, excitement brewing in his every step, eager to see her again, to hear her voice  and to feel her touch.

He goes to where he had met her before, a fleeting moment in the water, a moment of tranquillity before the eventual storm and downfall.
    Ruinam moves into the clearing with haste, his eyes scouring the area around the waterfalls until he spots her by the edge, a sudden frost gathering at his throat, many different emotions flushing over him as he moves toward her, halting only a few steps away.

"Adria," he says, his voice ever so gentle "It's so good to see you again" he says, feeling as the ground around him suddenly spins, his head dizzy, though his heart suddenly elated, his eyes almost watery, it was all finally over, he was with her now and he could finally start to bring everyone together, step by step.

Ruinam
    @[Adria] Idk if this is any good, it's 4 am and I can barely see
    Alvorr | Anninux | Aziz | Caelestra | Castaneis | Rouhi | Ruinam | Sidereum

-Adria-

No longer her responsibility, Ischia still holds everything Adria loves most in this world. Her childhood memories, the memories of her children brought and born here. Three generations and more of her family setting down roots; her own daughter Eva is at the helm these days and the Nereid longs to see it remain that way. Their peaceful herdland has weathered more than just physical storms, all of which would not have been capable without the connections she’s made over a lifetime. This is what the brightly-colored mare thinks about, staring down into her reflection half-mired in glassy pool of water surrounding her at the knees.

One of these connections has come to greet her again, appearing like a ghost from in between the many shades of jungle greenery. “Ruinam,” His once-lover coos gently, the smile accompanying his name brightening her already impossibly lovely face, “I feel as if too much time has passed.” She sighs, turning as gently as leaf swirling on the surface of a still lake to get a proper look at him.

“Vulgaris… brital la. He came for you as well, I heard. For the Resort.” The submerged horse sighed, shaking her head until the waves of her thick mane obscured her vision. She paused to hear him speak, if he had anything on the matter to say at all, and parted the water around her to make a clear, dry path she could walk in order to exit the reflection pond. Swimming (even with the added help of her elemental powers) felt like a burdensome thing for the Nereid in her current state, and Ruinam would not have to look very hard to see why:

She was with child.

Their own youngling, Sande, was a girl grown and out in the world exploring. Just like her brother and sister before her, so eager to see what life had to offer. Adria knows though, that Ischia and the Resort will always be her home and if Sande should ever feel alone or sad, she could return to either this island or the one her sire, Ruinam, still commanded. “Please tell me if you are well?” Her sing-song dialect is hopeful, “Do you need healing? Has he or his minion made any further threat to you or your home?” She feels so full of questions, and full of life again to see him here.

Dripping, her legs and back nearly obscured by the overhanging elephant-ears of jade leaves slick with moisture, Adria lifted her elegant nose to touch his own masculine one. She planted a soft, tender kiss to the corner of his mouth and waited patiently for him to explain.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Ruinam] It's fantastic! Adria is just happy to see him again lol

winter wonderland

The past week or so had been a frenzy of troublesome complications, but somehow Ruinam had managed to work through it all and was now slowly, piecing everything together.

Hearing her voice again makes his heart flutter for a moment, a smile dawning his expression like never before "Yes, it has been too long" he says softly as he watches her turn toward him "I hope you forgive me for being away for so long. Everything has been a little, hectic" he says, his expression a little doleful for a moment, regretting being away for so long.

He expresses concern at first as he watches her, though his face quickly drops as she emerges from the water, her body quickly explaining why she was so careful when making her way to him.
    The male finds it hard to find an emotion at first, cycling through each one as he patches his expression with a smile, listening to her sweet voice as she approaches him. Was it jealousy? or perhaps envy that he felt all of a sudden? so quickly and strangely wrapping around his body, an ugly feeling that he couldn't rid himself of.

He stays silent for a few minutes, trying to figure out what he would say to her when he finally releases the breath of air that he has been holding, and even then, what would he feel?

"I am well," he says, her confidence somehow dimming his.
    "I'm a tad bruised, but fine overall" he drawls, watching her as she moves toward him, though for the first time he feels himself back away, his throat sore all of a sudden as he looks at her, finding it hard to express any form of a smile

"The Resort will be fine for now, I just need to move forward with the plan" his tone is a lot softer now, though in a breathless, almost sad way.

Ruinam
    @[Adria]
    ruinam-500px