• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Paint the sky blue; Adria

-Adria-

No longer her responsibility, Ischia still holds everything Adria loves most in this world. Her childhood memories, the memories of her children brought and born here. Three generations and more of her family setting down roots; her own daughter Eva is at the helm these days and the Nereid longs to see it remain that way. Their peaceful herdland has weathered more than just physical storms, all of which would not have been capable without the connections she’s made over a lifetime. This is what the brightly-colored mare thinks about, staring down into her reflection half-mired in glassy pool of water surrounding her at the knees.

One of these connections has come to greet her again, appearing like a ghost from in between the many shades of jungle greenery. “Ruinam,” His once-lover coos gently, the smile accompanying his name brightening her already impossibly lovely face, “I feel as if too much time has passed.” She sighs, turning as gently as leaf swirling on the surface of a still lake to get a proper look at him.

“Vulgaris… brital la. He came for you as well, I heard. For the Resort.” The submerged horse sighed, shaking her head until the waves of her thick mane obscured her vision. She paused to hear him speak, if he had anything on the matter to say at all, and parted the water around her to make a clear, dry path she could walk in order to exit the reflection pond. Swimming (even with the added help of her elemental powers) felt like a burdensome thing for the Nereid in her current state, and Ruinam would not have to look very hard to see why:

She was with child.

Their own youngling, Sande, was a girl grown and out in the world exploring. Just like her brother and sister before her, so eager to see what life had to offer. Adria knows though, that Ischia and the Resort will always be her home and if Sande should ever feel alone or sad, she could return to either this island or the one her sire, Ruinam, still commanded. “Please tell me if you are well?” Her sing-song dialect is hopeful, “Do you need healing? Has he or his minion made any further threat to you or your home?” She feels so full of questions, and full of life again to see him here.

Dripping, her legs and back nearly obscured by the overhanging elephant-ears of jade leaves slick with moisture, Adria lifted her elegant nose to touch his own masculine one. She planted a soft, tender kiss to the corner of his mouth and waited patiently for him to explain.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Ruinam] It's fantastic! Adria is just happy to see him again lol

Messages In This Thread
    Paint the sky blue; Adria - by Nyxistaken - 11-11-2019, 12:03 AM
    RE: Paint the sky blue; Adria - by Adria - 11-11-2019, 11:38 PM
    RE: Paint the sky blue; Adria - by Ruinam - 11-20-2019, 10:35 PM