• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  The sun is waking; Noah, any residents
    Somewhere in the introductions, the cloyingly overwhelming sense of peace fades quietly into something gentler, and she takes a deep breath, settling in to listen. The mare offers a complement for the Pampas, and Noah rewards her with a tentative, warm smile. Despite the season, it’s true that the flowers bloom around them as if it’s a totally different time – she can’t quite help herself, and prefers the beauty of her Pampas year-round, even if it does take quite a bit of energy to keep flowers blooming. In the worst of the winter, she’s limited to her own immediate area.

The mare introduces herself, and expresses an interest in…becoming friends, maybe? The little roan mare ducks her head a moment, shy, but then glances back at Ilma through bright green eyes, considering. “I’m not the most interesting company,” she murmurs, not sure how else to phrase ‘painfully shy and full of mistrust’, “But I am happy to try to get to know you better. I could use more friends.”

Noah is far from politically motivated – she has only ever followed her heart in stewarding the Pampas, and she steers clear of anything that might become political until she absolutely cannot anymore. But she is also loyal – to those few she has let into her heart. And one of those loyalties is to Castile, her King but also one of her few friends. If she knew there was any bad blood between this stranger and Loess, she might rethink her hesitant smile, but how could she know? So she does smile, and says, “I can show you around, if you like? It’s not at its best in the winter, but the Pampas is lovely all the time.”

@[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    The sun is waking; Noah, any residents - by Ilma - 11-12-2019, 10:56 AM
    RE: The sun is waking; Noah, any residents - by Noah - 11-16-2019, 10:44 PM