• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  The sun is waking; Noah, any residents
    Ilma
    One night I will be the moon
    hanging over you

One night I will be a star
    follow where you are
    Ilma isn’t easily fooled - Noah, as she stands before her, is much stronger than she lets on. Perhaps her personality is what stops her from using any of it to her advantage, perhaps she is more careful with a child (the filly’s scent on her skin is enough, if future-visions about the mare teaching her daughter aren’t). The white mare however, needs nothing from Noah presently, and neither does Noah need anything from her in the moment.

Except, perhaps, pleasant company, and a moment to stand still before the world will try to sweep them off their feet.

Castile heeding his dragon part too much in Ilma’s opinion, and disregarding their friendship earlier, after all has nothing to do with Ilma’s own wish to befriend as many horses in the world as possible; the ultimate goal to unite and ally in peace, far away on the horizon, and possibly never to be reached. But as long as she tries, she has a reason to live.

All in all, Noah’s murmurs are easily brushed aside by the sun-winged mare. ”Please, don’t sell yourself short. You’ve achieved more than many would probably give you credit for.” In fact, Noah might be the most successful horse she knows: a pleasant, peaceful home, undisturbed, a family on her own, however small. How could she call herself uninteresting?

”I’d love to,” the Andalusian mare agrees; both on the tour as well as the idea of becoming friends. Perhaps, she thinks, she can hear Noah’s side of being allied to Loess, and perhaps it’s not so bad here. At any rate, she wants to know what the mare is like, and possibly they can become friends, because friends is what Ilma really needs. Friends who, if she asked, perhaps would at least try to avoid hurting her other friends.

She is far from it. But it is a nice thought.
    Hurry, the sun is waking
    Darling, don't leave me waiting

@[Noah]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    The sun is waking; Noah, any residents - by Ilma - 11-12-2019, 10:56 AM
    RE: The sun is waking; Noah, any residents - by Ilma - 11-21-2019, 03:50 AM