• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I never could, again; Starsin

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She hears him, and instead of approaching immediately,  she simply watches.

It is not often that Starsin is quiet, and it is not often that she hangs back instead of eagerly slinking forward to see what the world was offering her. She was an odd sort of predator, one that did not have a steadfast way of hunting. Sometimes she was content to lay and wait and see what happened to stumble across her path, where other times she had to go looking for her prey.

Today it was the first option, it seemed, with the draconic stallion winding his way through her autumn forest. She almost let him continue without interfering, because a quick flip through his thoughts easily labeled him as ‘harmless’, and she was pregnant and tired and also arguably a terrible hostess to begin with. But then there is a familiar name – Ophanim. Her Ophanim. And if there is anything that can make Starsin stop in her tracks and cause her fierce blue eyes to zero in on a target, it is Ophanim’s name in another’s mind. It is irrational how quickly it causes jealousy to flare in her veins, especially when it was so clear that Ophanim was entirely hers and she was entirely his.

But she's never been very rational.

Somewhere beneath her rushing pulse she hears the stallion recall part of his conversation with her husband, and beyond her heightened suspicion she is flattered at being referred to as beautiful and clever. Ophie forgot to add psychotic bitch, but it was sweet of him to not say such things to strangers.

Finally, she emerges from the shadows that she had been poorly hidden in. Those constellation dapples that glowed as bright as stars in the night sky were useless when it came to camouflage, but it never worried her. “It’s not often that I get visitors in Sylva,” comes the sweet purr of her voice, a saccharine smile curling across her lips. “I’m Starsin. Were you looking for someone?” Her head tips to angle her gaze upwards at him, and the look could almost be innocent if her eyes were not so sharply watching him.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    I never could, again; Starsin - by Leilan - 11-15-2019, 04:30 AM
    RE: I never could, again; Starsin - by Starsin - 11-16-2019, 01:58 AM
    RE: I never could, again; Starsin - by Leilan - 11-19-2019, 03:53 AM
    RE: I never could, again; Starsin - by Starsin - 12-12-2019, 01:41 AM
    RE: I never could, again; Starsin - by Leilan - 12-13-2019, 12:58 AM