• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you've set my heart on fire, pteron

sometimes I'm terrified of my heart;
    of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants —
    He appears from nothing, it seems like, and she feels curiosity stir inside of her chest. She was fascinated by the magic that others could do, because she has learned that everyone was different. Macabre though it was she always liked to watch Stave make use of his powers — it was such a dark contrast, it seemed, for a boy so strikingly handsome and covered in galaxies — and he always asked her why she didn’t practice with hers more.

Love illusionism was tricky, though. She has never really been around anyone that gave her the opportunity to hone her skills, and it was hard to create an accurate illusion based off of nothing.

And so she is surprised when the older boy materializes before her and something strange hums between them. It was a curious sensation, like an intangible hand was outstretched and offering her exactly what she needed. But she is too young to fully understand what it is — she doesn’t understand this is her innate ability to detect what someone else wants so that she manifest it before them.

She just sees him, with his pale skin framed by a beautiful blue, and those striking olive-colored eyes. “Oh,” she says in surprise — maybe at his sudden appearance, but also for the way her childish heart skips a beat in her chest. “No? I don’t know,” she says with a slight frown on her pretty face, before she laughs with a shake of her head. “How old are you supposed to be able to wander the forest?”
    Desire

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    you've set my heart on fire, pteron - by Desire - 11-17-2019, 04:24 PM
    RE: you've set my heart on fire, pteron - by Desire - 11-25-2019, 01:04 AM