• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you've set my heart on fire, pteron

sometimes I'm terrified of my heart;
    of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants —
    “But I am big enough to protect myself,” she counters with a frown marring her pretty face. “And besides, who would want to hurt me anyway?” It is said with a toss of her head and a girlish laugh as her face brightens again, as though she simply couldn’t fathom that there was anyone in this world that would want to bring harm to her. She is perhaps a little too overconfident in the idea that her brother would protect her; that though Stave was cold and impersonal there was still that unmistakable connection between them that would drive him to end anyone that tried to hurt her. She’s not even entirely sure if that’s true, but it’s a delusion she has chosen to believe in.

She shakes her head as he starts listing off abilities, all of which sound completely unappealing. “Spikes on my tail?” Her nose wrinkles in a clear display of her disdain at that idea, glancing back as she flicks her bright white tail as though to reassure herself that it was still the same as she remembered. “I can make illusions,” she informs him as she turns her black eyes back to his face, and laughing again as she clarifies, “Well, love illusions. My mom says my ability is dangerous, but not the same way Stave’s is. He can control dead things...or something.” She still does not fully understand what her own ability means– she doesn’t understand that there are some that will drain themselves dry for just a taste of love, or shatter themselves apart to try and keep it. She doesn’t understand that her own insatiable hunger that devours her heart is her own form of love starvation, and that someday she will change herself a hundred times over just for the false feeling of love she will get in return when she does.

She will know, then, exactly what to do with this strange electricity that hums from the young stallion into her bones. She will know how to manifest into someone he desired most, and he would be none the wiser that it wasn’t real.

“You know all about love, too. I feel it radiating from you,” she says in a way that is eerily calm, and almost unsettling in the matter-of-fact way she states it, as though she had just told him that his eyes were green. And for the first time, there is something faintly sinister that flashes briefly in her eyes, before it is again swallowed by the endless black of them, and her childish innocence returns.

“I’m from Pangea,” she chirps enthusiastically, not seeming to notice the way he is studying her. “And my name is Desire.”

“And where are you from, Pteron?”
    Desire

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    you've set my heart on fire, pteron - by Desire - 11-17-2019, 04:24 PM
    RE: you've set my heart on fire, pteron - by Desire - 12-07-2019, 01:55 AM