• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria
    He reacts to her words unexpectedly, as if she had drawn darts of her own against him. The horizon is a blue on blue line, the water as blue as his feathers where it touched the sky. The water between them ripples, pushes lightly against her shoulder and hip. It's a precursor to the body she knows rests inches away and coming closer. 

What effect she's had on him she isn't certain. More so she is afraid to look and see. They had done nothing but disappoint each other, it seemed, and she was tired of the distress weighing both of them down. This wasn't who they were, was it? This was not the freedom they both loved. How much of that was her fault?

She is about to let her emotions carry her away. Or the ocean, more the the point. When she is stopped by the lightest touch. His cheek against hers, asking nothing of her except that she be there. Her neck twisted to face her friend, eyes meeting his. 

So they knew the same pain, then. They were on the same side of a terrible game and neither of them seemed to be winning it. Their pieces didn't match, but they were playing together. And then she hears what she feels like might be enough, or close enough. That he has been made aware of what's changed between them and his own part in it. She is still his little fish. 

He draws back, and it is then she realizes that she has it in her to miss the space he fills. It would be easy to hate anyone else, but Pteron is not just anyone. He's her best friend and her confidant and yes, her sometimes lover. And she cannot let that space stand empty. Maybe she is weak too. It does not stop her from closing the space between, and fitting her body against his. 

The water sloshes against their sides, and with a quiet wanting, she lets it rise over them in a thin dome over their heads. "I want to forget hurting. And I want you to forget your hurt." She smiled softly, earnest and aching. The nereid moved toward the horizon, and with her moves their spinning orb of salt water. "Come on. I've been promising you this since we met." She invited, nodding toward the open sea past the stony harbor of her cove. 

Her lips fell to the curve of his nose, her silent forgiveness. "Right now?" A trace of her reckless grin resurfaced. "Right now, I want you to trust me with everything you have. Let me show you my world." She kissed his cheek, hoping that for the day at least, they could put this behind them. If it was in her power to give him happiness, it would forever be beyond her to deny him. 

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria - by Aquaria - 11-20-2019, 09:55 PM