• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Clarissa;
    won't you drag the lake and bring me home again
    When she returns to Loess, it is not very willingly.

She has made friends in her brief time in Pangea, and Ghaul is there. She is entirely too young, she knows, but the wanderlust is there, and she already longs to return to his side even as the mountains of Hyaline give way to the mismatched shrubbery of her birthplace. Her eyes search the ground from above, but thankfully she does not see her adoptive father out looking for her… yet. She wonders if he knows she’s been sneaking away - of course he does, how could he not? - and how he’ll react when she tells him what’s been weighing on her mind.

The dragon-child wings her way to the center of the kingdom before landing, hoping that pushing herself so deep into Loess will clear the scent of Ghaul from her skin. She shifts back to a horse as she lands, shedding the wings and scales that have become such an integral part of who she is, leaving just the delicate blue-and-gold girl standing alone… but not for long. With a rush of wings Castile alights before her, and though his greeting is as warm as ever, the angelic child can sense something that feels off about him.

He reaches forward to ruffle her forelock playfully, and Clarissa leans into the brief touch as a smile crosses her face. She is uneasy - she has not had the time to disguise Ghaul’s scent on her skin - but she doesn’t let it show as he pulls away to study her face. He questions her politely enough, but she can tell that the questions are loaded ones, and she knows that it would be best not to hide anything from him; he has a way of finding things out, after all. “I’ve been exploring,” she offers with a smile, tilting her head innocently to the side. “A friend of mine invited me to his home to meet some of his friends, and they’re really such lovely people.” She doesn’t mention Ghaul by name; will Castile recognize his scent and be cross with her?

@[Castile] this only took literally three years

Messages In This Thread
    Clarissa; - by Castile - 12-04-2019, 09:45 AM
    RE: Clarissa; - by clarissa - 01-29-2020, 10:55 PM
    RE: Clarissa; - by Castile - 02-05-2020, 12:53 PM
    RE: Clarissa; - by clarissa - 03-11-2020, 10:45 PM