• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising | territory meeting

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

She has won.

It did not come without pain, strife, and aggravation. Exhaustion reads clearly on her face as she slowly lumbers from the trees not long after Lepis calls to the entire group. Both physical and emotional, but she takes pause as the treeline, staring across the small meadow. Her cerulean eyes lift to the raised edge where the Comtesse currently stands, addressing them in such a practiced manner that Reia cannot help the gravitational pull in her chest. No one will see her so weak and tired. With a sharp breath, she straightens herself and allows the blue flames to crackle and hiss along her crest. Proudly, she moves among them and climbs to take her place at Pteron’s side. It isn’t without a dutiful kiss that presses to his throat.

Of course, he does not waver in response to the affection. Sadistically, she notes this, but says nothing as she leans into his side, certain to keep her widened barrel against him in silent reminder. An eager glance finds Lepis, playing the role of excited mother-to-be. They – all but Pteron – do not realize how brash she is, how feral she acts out. This life has never been suitable for her, but she obediently follows her betrothed.

If anything, it is her way to deter other promiscuous suitors.

A jagged grin stretches across her lips when he addresses her as his wife. The amiable expression is forced, because although she successfully plays a façade, her thoughts reel back to Pteron calling her a broodmare back in Loess. It takes everything in her not to bristle at the memory. Her role, right now, is to be the bond between kingdoms and to stand behind Pteron during this hierarchical shift. Lifting her chin, she tenderly cradles the curve of his jaw, whispering, ”Long may you reign,” before pressing her cheek to his neck in quiet adoration and support.  

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | territory meeting - by Reia - 12-06-2019, 03:42 PM