• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  choking on truths i couldn't swallow / party
    love is really nothing
    but a dream that keeps waking me –
    She feels her heart swell when he agrees, but she does her best to mask it, afraid that if she was too forward in showing her excitement that he would change his mind. She doesn’t say anything, but instead just smiles a small smile, her eyes again closing when his lips touch the top of her head. When she opens her eyes he has already stepped off, and she moves to travel alongside of him.

His pace is fast, which she had expected. He had agreed to go, but that didn’t necessarily mean he was happy about it. She knew he was thinking that the faster they got to their destination, the faster they could leave it, and under normal circumstances that would have stung. It felt like he wanted to get rid of her, and maybe he did. But Dove had already decided that she wasn’t going to let his negativity get to her, and besides that, she was almost certain that Draco was internalizing his emotions about their father leaving.

She was hoping that, maybe, he would be distracted from that, at least for a little bit.

The sound of the waterfall in the distance makes her heart jump with anticipation, but there is also a wrinkle of doubt; afraid that it won’t have been worth it, afraid that she will have made them walk all this way for nothing. But when they come upon the ledge, she feels as though the breath is stolen from her lungs. She doesn’t look at him, yet, her gaze held captive by the water that rushes over tiers of rock and into a turquoise pool below, flanked by the bright, emerald green of the island’s foliage.

She can feel Draco looking at her, though, and when he speaks she finally turns to look back at him, and for once her usually meek gaze is unwavering. “Because I wanted to see something beautiful with you.”
    Dove

@[Draco]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: choking on truths i couldn't swallow / party - by Dove - 01-05-2020, 11:35 PM