• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [lilli]
    Kagerus laughs as an offering to their friendship and it leaves Lilli breathless with joy; only the dreamweaver could do this to her. She might have pulled a half-drowned mare from the river that day but Lilliana has long considered that it was Kagerus who had saved her. Grief had rendered her numb and she had been hiding beneath a frozen smile. It was Kagerus who pulled out all those aching places of her soul and had shown Lilliana that things could be okay.

That worlds could collapse and fall apart and come together again. 
    That sometimes what rose from the ashes was stronger than what was incinerated.

What Lilli sees now as she is embraced by the bay overo mare is proof of that. Kagerus had been half a soul then, a partly weightless thing that was missing some essentiality (her heart, she had later learned). The dreamweaver had been forced to be corporeal when it would have been so much easier to remain as something abstract. This dimension, this plane of living, can be so hard. Too hard.

As the copper mare buries herself into the touch of her friend, she is so glad to see that Kagerus had fought back.

The sound of her laughter ripples underneath her copper coat and it radiates warmth to every corner of her. It brightens her gaze as they pull away and Lilliana takes one step back to soak in the presence of the painted woman before her. Kagerus tells her that she is mending, getting stronger by the day; her returned health is blessing and Lilli smiles in appreciation of it. She is about to tell her again how good it is to see her, how pleased she is that she is doing well when the presence of another draws her attention away.

The chestnut mare looks to see a feline creature come beside Kagerus before it shifts. Like a cloud, it changes shapes and concern lines Lilliana's features as she looks back to her companion. Kagerus is crafting something and the Diplomat watches, mystified. Beqanna and her magic - it seemed something so infinite to her still. A proud set of antlers are crafted in the mist and the overo mare adorns them like a crown; fitting, Lilliana thinks, for as noble a woman as Kagerus.

The painted woman grins and Lilliana stares, momentarily astonished. "So you don't just make dreams then?" she asks before the shock clears away from her blue eyes and the planes of her face light up with amusement. "Is there anything you can't do?" (Honestly, the Taigan mare doubts it.)

She listens with rapt attention, her ears forward and holds her attentive gaze on Kagerus before it softens. "I'm glad you found each other," she murmurs before subtly shaking her head. Whatever part she played in their reunion, she considers it a small one. Her weight shifts from one side to the other, unsure what to do with such a direct statement. (When does she ever know what to do with compliments?)

At the playful jest that furrows Kagerus's brow, Lilliana merely grins: a wild, daring curve to her dark mouth. "I'm always in trouble," she teases, one of those half-truths she has learned from Leilan that comes out with a lilting laugh. Her copper head then inclines to the shadows of the looming trees that attempt to reach the sky, primordial giants crafted by the old gods of Beqanna. "I've been here.. learning Beqanna politics and trying to do what I can for Taiga." Recruiting. A few diplomatic missions. Anything to distract herself from the confusion she has created. "Is it always so.. precarious here?"

And to think, she had missed the Plague and the Reckoning.

@[Kagerus]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [lilli] - by lilliana - 12-18-2019, 06:26 PM