• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [sabra]

K

oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream...

Ah. Sabra. I sense her spirit before she materializes before me -- and why wouldn't I? Was it not I who saved her from her fatal despondence many moons ago? I know the fabric of her being well, despite having a minimalist relationship with her in the corporeal realm. Well, perhaps more than minimalist; I'd go as far as to call her my friend, a title not held by many during my Caretaker ship... Not held out of obligation or duty, anyway. Plus the whole drama with Castile and Solace and the children on both sides, etcetera etcetera...

It's easier to consider her spiritual place in my life than her real place in my real life.

You found me.

I smile at the way the mare flinches to hear her own voice. I see myself reflected in the newness of her grey-scale flesh; I myself woke up from a death-like state not long ago. Had it not been for the kindness of a stranger (Lilliana, whom I grew to love dearly) I would have died for real.

And I suppose that Sabra suffered that last fate, if she's here, which she is. Curiosity snaps near my skull in little lightning bolts. For now, however, I ignore their sizzling insistence.

How are you?

"I am... newly alive, and finding my feet in the land of the living again." My shoulders shake, as though to rid myself of the idea of having been dead at all. Blinking once, I lend my eyes to Sabra's opalescent form, it which gleams still despite the blue-grey of this realm. "I've also reunited with Solace since then. We are hermits compared to our prior political fame, but the change is nice. More than nice. It's what we've needed for a long, long time."

A quick, automatic shake of my Arabic head brings my monologue to an end. "But enough about me... Sabra, what are you doing here?" Genuine concern rings in the upturn of my voice. I step closer to her. "And... Why am I here, too?" The memory of mine and Heartfire's most recent encounter causes me to interject one last time (my PTSD-driven dream-teleportation of the mare to my side hadn't boded well with her when I couldn't explain myself). "If you don't know why, that's fine, too..."

[Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [sabra] - by Kagerus - 12-16-2019, 10:05 PM