• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  lost in the woods; any
    again you’re gone, off on a different path than mine
    i'm left behind wondering if i should follow

A shadow passes overhead, and Lepis glances up to see a pair of dragon wings silhouette against the sky. The creature above them looks (mostly) equine, and uninterested in the meeting of the blue mares beneath for it soars higher and higher until it disappears. Lepis looks away long before it vanishes, back down to Dracarys in front of her, in time to see and hear the reaction to her name.

So the mare knows of her, Lepis realizes with a warm glow of pride. She does like being recognized by reputation alone. Her recent exploits have had sub-par results, Lepis feels, but she has time to correct that still. She’d not gained as much ground in the North as she had intended to, but she had gained ground nonetheless. The lack of response from Nerine regarding her absence in Taiga is all the reassurance that Lepis has needed that she’d bested the all-seeing queen. There will inevitably be a reckoning, she knows, but it will not be soon and it will not be to her disadvantage.

“Very happy,” she agrees, but does not expound on that, instead pricking her ears forward to catch the answer to her own question. Family, the other woman answers, which could mean anything. A few years she’s lived here, and her name is Dracarys.

Dracarys?

It is not a name that Lepis knows, and in an attempt to place it, she asks: “Who is your family here? ” Some link to Castile, she assumes. Not a daughter though – or at least not a daughter he shares with his consort. Infidelity is no longer a foreign concept to the dun mare, though she has assumed her noble Uncle above such weakness. With a somewhat wry twist to her smile, Lepis reminds herself that no one is above such things. “Castile?”

LEPIS
    i’m the one who sees you home--
    but now i’m lost in the woods

and i don’t know what path you are on

@[Dracarys]

Messages In This Thread
    lost in the woods; any - by Lepis - 12-15-2019, 10:22 AM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Dracarys - 12-15-2019, 03:38 PM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Lepis - 12-15-2019, 08:12 PM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Dracarys - 01-08-2020, 07:24 PM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Lepis - 01-09-2020, 07:45 PM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Dracarys - 01-16-2020, 07:20 PM