• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  lost in the woods; any
    again you’re gone, off on a different path than mine
    i'm left behind wondering if i should follow

Castile is her grandfather, the blue mare says. Lepis nods, clearly pleased with this revelation. It’s nice to see that another resident of Loess is tied to the royalty by blood. That’ll make her at least a little less likely to cause trouble. It takes her a moment to react to the name Valdis, but she does. An amused smile pulls tugs at her lips, the memory of the light blue filly with the bronze hair and a moonlit run down the Hyaline mountains and into Loess.

“I had the chance to meet you mother,” she  tells Dracarys, “But it was when she was younger than you are, and we only met the once.” Lepis had seen the princess more than that, of course, the royal family of Hyaline was often seen publicly in those days. The two besotted queens and their plethora of children. Valdis had been the one she’d chosen to take back to Loess though, at least until she was persuaded otherwise when they crossed the border. The memory of being stopped in what she is still sure had been the right choice follows the image of Valdis, but Lepis cuts it short with a blink of her shadowed eyes.

The mention of Sylva is accompanied by the same chill as ever, even in the spring sunshine. Lepis doesn’t react to the touch of ice along her spine – the only reaction is a brief twitch of her ears: back and then forward again. The dun mare’s residence in Sylva had ended long before this girl was even a thought in her mother’s mind; the Sylva she grew up in was not the same one that Lepis remembers. Still, the thought of the firey forest makes her as uncomfortable as always, and she does her best to steer the conversation away from it. “And do you like it here?”

LEPIS
    i’m the one who sees you home--
    but now i’m lost in the woods

and i don’t know what path you are on

@[Dracarys]

Messages In This Thread
    lost in the woods; any - by Lepis - 12-15-2019, 10:22 AM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Dracarys - 12-15-2019, 03:38 PM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Lepis - 12-15-2019, 08:12 PM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Dracarys - 01-08-2020, 07:24 PM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Lepis - 01-09-2020, 07:45 PM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Dracarys - 01-16-2020, 07:20 PM