• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  lost in the woods; any

DRACARYS

I have never been nothing. I am the blood of a dragon.

Unlikely to cause trouble would certainly be an understatement. Dracarys was fashioned and shaped to accept nothing less than what she wanted. She was dangerously determined to get it by any means necessarily. Although at one time that had come at a cost she particularly did not like. She had almost lost the first friend she had made. Felicitey, thankfully, had a forgiving and graceful heart to let her betrayal go. That day had taught Dracarys that some friendships would be worth holding onto—perhaps she would not always be willing to cross another so easily as her father was able to.

When the amused smile appears on the other winged mare’s lips, Dracarys is surprised. She is surprised to even know that their one meeting goes so far back. It was much farther than she would have imagined. However, Dracarys knows times had seemed much simpler than—at least before the war between Tephra and Loess. “I would have never thought,” she says with a smile after Lepis speaks. She cannot help but wonder now where her mother might be. Even her father too. Her life was surely different than she had ever imagined.

If Dracarys had known the emotional and physical abuse Lepis went through when living in Sylva she would have never brought it up. She simply could never imagine the autumn forest being a living hell for others. It always brought a warm feeling to her heart and a smile on her face when she thought about the memories she made there. Then again, it was such information that she innately tucked away, but with no obvious reaction to Sylva, Dracarys does not know the turmoil Lepis has gone through.

As the conversation moves forward, the dragon mare considers the question. Loess certainly has been pleasant since she arrived here. She was simply another member of the family—not the special dragon and hellhound daughter she was raised to be. Perhaps it had been her quietness and choice to be left alone that didn’t bring others to bother her. There had been a few others she met, but mostly just casual conversation.

She wanted more now though.

“I do like it here,” she admits, not hiding the fact since Lepis also seemed to share a love for her home too she recalls. “It has everything my father said it would have.” Loess was the key to her success he had told her, but Dracarys did not know exactly what that meant. At least not yet she didn’t. “I think I have spent too much time enjoying it though,” she laughs softly and falls silent for a moment before she considers her next step. Certainly, there was more than just enjoying life in Loess. “I want more though,” she says only.

She always wanted more.

@[Lepis]
    [Image: YJta8td.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    lost in the woods; any - by Lepis - 12-15-2019, 10:22 AM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Dracarys - 12-15-2019, 03:38 PM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Lepis - 12-15-2019, 08:12 PM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Dracarys - 01-08-2020, 07:24 PM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Lepis - 01-09-2020, 07:45 PM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Dracarys - 01-16-2020, 07:20 PM
    RE: lost in the woods; any - by Lepis - 01-20-2020, 01:13 AM