• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The demons inside of me; Draco
    She had hesitated on the edge of this barren world for longer than she cared to admit. She had wanted to show the twins where she had spent the majority of her life. Tucked between a meadow filled with brilliant, breath taking colors and a red, dusty, empty cavern. 

Not entirely empty, she had reminded herself, she had a sister here and she assumed many more siblings produced by her absent father that she had not yet met or cared to meet.

No that's a lie.

If she was honest with herself she would admit that there had always been a part of her that was vacant. It had never been filled by her mother or father, both useless as parents .. at least to her. The day she met her sister had been one of the best days in her sorry excuse for a life.

She had delayed in the meadow, her feisty lion boy and calculating wolf girl chasing away those who got to close out of pure boredom. It had been two days, she either needed to take them home to the giant red woods or cross that thin invisible line into what was her father's land, or what used to be if the rumors she had heard were true. 

And so she finds herself here, walking with reluctant hooves through the very caverns she had desperately departed from. Her twins, Vervane and Oectra pranced back and forth behind her knocking stagnant dust from the never ending red walls, occassionally knocking lose debris followed by an echo of giggles. 

Felicitey rolled her eyes, or eye, as the shadows doused her golden form. The amber markings that laced across the edges of her ears and were splattered against her delicate, brown, bolyaged wings looked as if they were dripping off of her disappearing into the darkness of this land. A chill ran her spine as she continued towards the opening that ran parallel to one of Pangeas many rivers. 

Quiet now, and please for gods sake... equine form. she tossed back at her children to which they grudgingly obeyed, Vrrvane to his palomino overo body and Oectra to her predominately white, chesnut overo form, two very contrasting twins. The warm autumn sun blinded her as she stepped out of the canyons shadows. She was strikingly beautiful compared to the blood red land. She focused the rose gold 8ball eye scanning for the first time to see if her father was here. Her chocolate mane fell haphazardly across the odd eye, obscuring it from anyone who may stumble across them. The small silver snowflakes that dappled her brown and golden face seemed to shimmer just a little more when ever she used her trait.

@[draco]
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1
    draco
    hitch a ride on my violence

Draco, in his cutting and faux effervescence, presses his left shoulder against the rough bark of a redwood tree. He leans back and forth to rid himself of an insufferable itch while his crimson eyes scan the shadowed spaces between the trunks. A smile, one fake yet convincing, curls his lips like the frightening curve of a mountain path.

Pangea has its fascinating aspects, with whispering canyons and frightful creatures, but the starry stallion has spent nearly his entire life there; and that leaves his already empty heart wanting for even more.

To see all of Beqanna would be lovely, but mostly Draco concerns himself with invading the minds of others. And truth be told, he cannot say he isn’t lying to himself when he thinks he wants to stay in Pangea. Just a month or so ago he could not imagine leaving his father’s old home, but now? He thinks there must be endless impossibilities.

He hovers in Hyaline, curious about its residents mostly for the insight they can offer him. He is ready to press further into the tightly locked trees when his mind brushes against the interesting thoughts of another. The innocent minds of two children crowd the other’s, but Draco comes to a full stop to focus directly on the adult’s.

It isn’t until at least a minute later that he realizes he can hear the twins’ childish chattering outside of his mind. Stealthily, the silvery black stallion hovers in shadows and tall bushes until he can see the trio trekking through the canyons of his home.

Finally, Draco finds himself intrigued enough to start a hurried trot in their direction.

“Hello,” the demon calls smoothly, crimson eyes twinkling like the glowing stars that dot his face. He draws level with Felicitey, pressing just close enough to urge her to come to a halt.

Silver glimmers on the mare’s nose, causing unease to churn in the pit of Draco’s stomach. He turns his head fully to see the glittery snowflakes cast all over the mare’s face.

“Oh,” he says, very obviously surprised. His typical charm melts. “Interesting. Who are you?” All niceties evaporate as his casual interest morphs into serious need.

@[Felicitey]
    It had been quiet, inside her eyes mind, to quiet. What she saw in her father's eye was not Pangea, though sight was all she could summon she could tell with out smell, sound, or touch that where ever he had secluded himself to it was not here. She opened her good eye at the gentle touch of her dearest friend, Dexter. He had sensed a presence of another, watched as the silky black stallion had positioned himself directly infront of Felicitey.

She blinked away the stars and cloudy residue leftover from squeezing it shut to tight in concentration. The black mass infront of her focused shortly after his honey hello and then suspicious question fell upon the one good ear she had. She gawked, as only one would be expected to, at the constellated man infront of her. She blinked a couple more times just to make sure the stars that twinkled in her vision were actually attached to his face and not permanent damage inflicted from trying to locate her father.

Once she felt collected and reassured by her monkey companions touch she gave a small huff and flared her nostrils just a smidge as she glanced behind her locating the twins safely tucked against her hind legs. The urge to  shift into her protective mama lioness form was suppressed only by those twinkling stars and glimmering red eyes. My name is Felicitey. I thought I'd stop by to enjoy some adult interaction. I always have the most pleasant conversations around these parts. she offered, sarcasm dripping heavily from her words. and who are you? she asked in return, her eye now scanning the rest of him. He was rather handsome in a rough kind of way. Constellations decorated his sides, bright against the silver black background, with a pair of rather intimidating horns. She cocked her head slightly to inspect him, disturbing her forelock that was shrouding her 8ball eye. Her eye socket occupied by the black ball was useless when not in use, maybe that's why the fairy's found it necessary to dress it up a bit. The left side of her face was patterned in rose gold sun reys that stood out against her own pale gold back ground.

She couldn't quite figure out why but this man infront of her, about her age, put her on edge. He was intimidating but beautiful. A stranger and yet he felt familiar. Her brow and lips crinkled in thought while she waited for an answer.

@[draco]
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1
    draco

Mmm, I don’t like that, Draco thinks as he peers down at his freshly discovered half-sibling. He knows her to be a half-sibling because his parents . . . Well, he will not go down that winding and uphill trail of disaster.

Back to the sister, he thinks, blinking away what is left of his shock.

“Hmm,” he says with a coy tilt of his head. “Sarcasm and a lack of tact—I’m sure you find plenty of lovely conversation around these parts.” A cruel smirk turns one side of his mouth.

Draco takes a moment to process Felicitey’s thoughts before answering. The words handsome and intimidating make the most impact on him; so, he settles a sort of pleased gaze upon her and her strange sight-sharing eye. The pleasure is diluted by the slightest bit of curiosity over the eight ball in her socket, but for the most part he does not give away the sharp way her observes her.

“Draco,” is his simple response to her retort. Draco opts to not reveal what he thinks he knows and asks about her eye instead.

“Whatcha got going on in that eye?”

@[Felicitey]
    She is perceptive, as she's always had to be. The way his mouth curled to one side and the way his voice held the feeling of distaste coaxed her own sharp smirk. She had spent enough time in Pangea to know it held a breed of assholes all it's own.

And then suddenly she knew why he felt so familiar, the way he looked at her as if he couldn't care less if she were here or not, it was no longer the stranger boy, Draco, standing infront of her but her father.

Litotes.

Curiosity replaced by indifference she decided. What was one more testosterone consumed male to her? She should gather the twins and go now, that would be the smart thing to do in this moment. Pangea was a waste land, filled with assholes.

"Whatcha got going on in the eye?" Those were the words that stopped her as she made her final decision to leave. She paused ears tilted tentatively towards Draco, considering for a moment.

"Go play." She said quietly, one would think she were giving a grown man orders to gallop and prance around. She knew the twins along with her companion, Dexter, would be listening intently. It was all it took to make the children disperse, the girl shifting into wolf form and the boy to lion. "You to Dexter, watch them." The monkey hesitated upon her back before following after the children with a roll of his eyes, it's not like she couldn't just use her eye to check on the kids.

All of this transpired without Felicitey breaking eye contact with Draco, her icey blue eye watching every minute reaction. "I see myself," she said setting the 8ball to work. The figure eight dancing and coming alive with a constant flow of rose gold. It twisted and turned like the rivers that snaked through Pangea's canyons. It was only for a second that she had accessed his vision seeing herself, it was like looking in a mirror. She moved effortlessly to Oectra's eye, she could see she was tucked in a nearby thicket watching them, her brother by her side, and with that she sucked in a pleased breath and released her hold over the 8ball returning to the black vision it held.

"Nothing to interesting."

@[draco]
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1
    draco

Draco exhales an exasperated sigh. How she came to their father’s name so suddenly is irritating—as if the demon is anything like their shared parent—but he hears Litotes so clearly that she might as well have said it aloud. Of course, she doesn’t have to KNOW they are related, just that . . . perhaps the father and son share similar smirks and downturned eyes. Draco settles into that certainty and chases the irritation of his sigh with a charmed smile.

Felicity thinks whatever she is doing is like looking in a mirror and Draco nearly cocks his head in a confused response. His lips purse as he listens to the stray thoughts of the nosy children; but his attention is not easily wavered, and he finds himself quickly refocusing on his sister.

“And what exactly does that mean, hmm?” Draco murmurs, leaning closer to the soft skin between Feli’s nostrils. He wonders how easily she will be made uncomfortable; so he moves to nip at her cheek.

“I can make you regret not answering me,” he whispers on an exhale, using all of his self control to hide his amusement. Of course, he does not mean the threat . . . at least he doesn’t think he does. Let her press his buttons and perhaps he will.

@[Felicitey]
    The unwavering intensity did not diminish as Draco grew closer. She could see the slightest irritation race across his face and escape through a sigh, at what she did not know. She couldn't possibly know the boy before her could intrude on her thoughts as easily as she could his vision, or even that they were brother and sister for that matter. 

She watched the constellations draw closer to her face as Draco closed the space between them. It was a pretty bold move to enact on someone you just met, the irritation stirred in her belly at his question. She had never felt obligated to answer a strangers question and she wasn't about to start now she thought as he moved swiftly to nip at her cheek. She felt the dull scrape of teeth as she pulled her face to the side and up away from the stranger man. Her nostrils flared, and her ears pinned tight to her skull with a snap of her tail she took a single intrusive step forward on his exhaled remark, "I did answer your question. Whether it was to your satisfaction seems to be a personal problem." Her mouth lingered by the boy's face as she hissed the words. She set the eye to work once more this time at his own eye level, the rose gold swimming in a figure eight once again seeing in itself her own odd ball eye before she retreated once more.

"As for making me regret it, I regret a many things all you would be doing is adding to my list," she offered back her tone was once again smooth and playful. She flashed a toothy grin in his direction. She may not be a fan of his inflated, egotistical attitude but she had left Pangea and the meadow behind and she would do it again once she had her fun... and he sure seemed fun.
    @[draco]
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1
    draco

It comes as no surprise to Draco that Felicitey resists him. She rears a sassy head at him and he merely smiles. He likes them like this, those he antagonizes. He likes the perfect moments where his button-pushing exacts just below a serious response. It is when they get truly riled up that he has to do real work, and by then he has either grown too lazy or too bored.

“Blah, blah, blah,” Draco mimics when Feli mentions her regrets. His eyes roll high to the sky and then smugly back down to her gaze. “Why would you wish to add more regrets? Do you consider those little spies over there regrets?” It makes sense to him that the kind of regret unwanted twins creates is the only kind to make one give up; so when he says it, he is almost unaware of the gravity of his words. Draco does not have a paternal bone in his body, so the bond this mother might have with her children means absolutely nothing.

A perfect example of the kind of serious button he likes to push.

“Regret is so boring.”

@[Felicitey]
    She eyes him with her single blue eye, a reflection of sharded ice piercing his gaze as he smiles in satisfaction of the irritation he had stirred inside of her. She should not give this man such pleasure, small actions as such feed into their egotistical mindsets. She wouldn’t want the strangers head to explode she thought as she rolled her eyes at him.

No she would not react to his poking and pushing, she would not satisfy his needs in any sort of way. She huffs and shifts her weight as he questions her regrets. The rose gold forces its way along the edges of her eye, creeping like lava along the ground with nowhere to go but around and around. She flashes her eyes at the boy capturing as much disinterest as she could and flinging it in his direction.

It’s not until he starts talking of her children that she can feel the vibrating along her spine, the shifting of her bones, sinew, viens, all of who she was. It was sudden, spurred by the maternal reflexes she now possessed - annoying. She felt her hooves become rough and padded beneath her as her wings snapped closely to her body sinking and twisting into the fur that had grown there. Her mouth filled with sharp, powerful fang-like teeth, as a hiss poured between her lips in his direction.

She was much shorter then he was now but her body was long and powerful despite her slenderness. She pulled herself up on her hind legs, “Children are only a regret to the weak. Keep my children out of your mouth.” she growled between strained lips. Her eyes narrowed at the opinionated d-bag as she pulled herself back down to solid ground. With all four paws planted the hair on her back settled back into its marbled colors of brown and gold as her tail snapped back and forth. A generous smile grew on her lips and she blinked her sultry eyes slowly in his direction, those buttons will not be pushed long. “I think I’ve had enough adult interaction for one day. This conversation is boring.” she sang in his direction.    

@[Draco] 
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1